Saturday, September 5, 2009

Our most recent trip to Sun Valley

We went to Sun Valley on Sunday. (Again, a post almost a week old...sorry.)
On the way out to see the family, we took a wee stop on Volcano Road. (We thought it was truly a "wee" stop, as in pee, so we checked her diaper. Ha Ha) We took advantage of the beautiful lake.
Daddy and Zoey near Mountwood Park.
We had a fun time at the ranch. or the farm. whichever you prefer. It's actually more of a large yard, but that's just not as fun to say.

Aunt Tracy, Me, and Zoey
Zoey got to spend some good quality time with her Grandma Pat and Grandpa Stan. She sat on Grandpa's bed and played with his bell. Which, by the way, is a super cool bell. It belonged to his Dad - my Grandpa Howard, that I never met. He was a school teacher that that was his school bell. (I'm sure there's a better story, but I'll have to ask my mom for the details again.)
Grandma Pat, Grandpa Stan, and Zoey


I like this picture - even though it is kind of sad too.
(If you don't know, my Dad has "Parkinson's-like syndrome" meaning they don't know what he has, but they are treating him for Parkinson's Disease. His hands are pretty tightly closed these days. But he still played with Zoey and that made me happy.)

Here she is with the BELL! She loved to ring it.
(Check out those curtains, baby!! Whoo-hoo!! Vintage Grandpa Buss, Love it!)



2 comments:

bnicholson said...

I am so glad to see the photos of Stan enjoying some time with Zoey. I saw him on Wednesday and Thursday. He looked good! Grandma Snodgrass was doing OK.
I love you and enjoy seeing the photos and hearing your updates.
Barbara

bnicholson said...

By the way, I remember Grandpa Howard, he was a nice man. So tall and gentle. Reminded me of Stan in some ways