1 month ago
Friday, May 4, 2012
Three hours different.
My watch reads two minutes to seven, in the morning... My tablet reads 9:58 a.m....
I'm not in any alternative universe, not really. I'm Arizona. It's wedding season and I am prepping for my first one this year. My cousin Amanda is thing the knot this evening at The Biltmore. Mom and I flew in yesterday. We were invited to join the bridal party and out of towners at the rehearsal dinnr last night. That was fun.
We ate at the groom's favorite pizza and beer (and wine) joint. Joey said it reminded him of any and all hot it's in West Virginia. Red and white checkered tablecloths. Beer posters on the wall. Very much a place I could hang out and eat some pizza! The food was tasty. The people so happy to be involved with wedding loveliness.
Mom and I had been running since before 7 a.m. (East coast time)... So by the time we made it back to the hotel, we were so tired.... We were running on fumes and almost a second wind. I finally went to bed at nearly 11, AZ time.... Woke up at 4:30... And tried to get some more sleep... Not so much.
But that's not the fun of ::RIGHT NOW::
::waving at a sock-footed Uncle Eddie as he walks into the lobby for our hot breakfast. He looks pleasantly surprised to see me (egg plate, now empty).
::observing the middle aged couple one table over. Lady in green workout apparel. Man in dress clothes (matching green tie). She reads the front page. He reads the money section.
::paused to chat with Eddie. He has picked up a complementary razor (a sweet triple blade, mind you). Perhaps I need one too! ;)
::Mom has arrived. We eat. Finish with a pastry...I am on vacation, you know.
::debating second pastry.
::drinking decaf. First tea. Now coffee. Saving the caffeine jolt (and subsequent dancing jitters) for closer to wedding time.
::Johnny has just introduced me to the fact that the bacon has been replaced with sausage.... Score! More breakfast meats! ;)
::figuring out what it means that for the last 24 hours I have wanted a fancy phone (and possibly a twitter account?,) to post real-time happenings. WHAT?! Have I lost my mind?
::I figure I need to get out more. ;)
::need to join reality again. And grab some sausage.
And another pastry!
Xoxo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
get the phone, they're worth every penny.
I love you!
Post a Comment