That title is a quick line I just heard on one of my guilty pleaures... Days of Our Lives. Most of you know it, have heard of it, watch it, or even made fun of it. It's been in my life since I was in diapers. I would watch it every weekday with my Grandma and yes, my Grandpa. Every weekday as I spent my formative years being cared for by the two most important people in my life. (Not to mention my parents... that's goes without saying. But I'll say it anyway... I love them too!!)
My Grandpa died just over a year ago. I cry just thinking about him. He was the strongest man I have ever known and still is...
"stronger than steel - stainless..." That was part of a poem I had tried to write for his funeral. I couldn't do it. I couldn't put into words how much I was feeling. I definately couldn't put my feelings into poetic words - even prose. I let my sister do that. She was amazing.
Tomatoes, garden pride, tractors and lawn care... Crysler cars. She touched on it all. We cried. We, being the "kids." Tracy, Amanda, Joey, and Me... we were our Grandpa's sun. And he was our compass - giving us the tools to take us in the right direction.
No, he wasn't perfect. But none of us are.
I wasn't planning on starting this new journey - this blog - with memories of Grandpa Buss. I hadn't even expected to start a blog. I know I am behind the times with this version of media. But changes are happening.... and I think I need to chronicle these Miller Moments.
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment