Wednesday, September 9, 2009

It's official

I have a TODDLER!!!


I told you about her taking her first steps at the shoe store... well, she was a bit slow to get going from there. She took a few steps here and there while John was in Texas. He came home Friday night and on Saturday morning (August 29th), our sweet Beana was walking! She still prefers to crawl (because she's super fast as a crawler), but is moving right along.


On Friday, Sept. 2nd, she walked the length of the hallway closet all by herself. :) (The draw just happened to be the promise of going outside.) She walked toward the door, but then I think got impatient and had to crawl (fast) the rest of the way.


She still hasn't mastered the art of falling and then standing back up. That could be because I feel she would rather crawl and therefore I stand her up (Oops, pushy mama!). She gets to do both as she wants. We just practice walking. :)

***So, if you hadn't noticed, I started this post last week. But I finally got Zoey walking on video. Now, she is getting very good at it. ENJOY!!

Note: I don't normally have my child running around only wearing pj bottoms, but this was after breakfast this morning and her shirt was dirty enough to warrant being removed before she got out of the chair.


This video was taken yesterday afternoon. (Before we got the A/C fixed - hence the loud fan. Now it's FIXED! thanks, hubby!!)




**Also, sorry for all of the weird formatting (lots of spaces... then lack of spaces... ugh. If only I was smart enough to program HTML..... err, whatever.)

4 comments:

Heidi Ho said...

OK....I really have to know where you got the cool piano!!! She's doing great! She's really fast! Sophie is still very "guarded" when walking. They call it something like "high stance", which is feet apart and arms up and spread. Hopefully soon she will be brave enough to relax and take off running!!!!

Great on the words. Could she give Soph some lessons??? : )

Heidi Ho said...

maybe it's called "high guard"...I can't remember!

Trisha said...

My mother in law found that piano at a yard sale while I was pregnant (or maybe even before?). She's been waiting for this first grandbaby for a long time! :)

I totally did that thing you said about having her hold onto an object to practice walking. You see, it worked!!!

Joey said...

She is so cute!