Friday, August 21, 2009

at the shoe store.

Zoey took her first steps today! Her first all by herself steps. all three of them. :)

I'm most excited that John and I got to be there together to witness this event. (He even checked the time: 4:26 p.m.)

We were at the shoe store in Tiber Way looking into some Stride Rites. The lady working was on the phone and we were just milling around the store. Zoey had a pink sport sandle in her hand and I let go to watch her stand (my current favorite thing). John was standing a few feet in front of her and she just did it. took three steps before she said "oh crap, what am I doing?" and sat down. :)

As for shoes, they had none in her size... the lady there ordered a "full size-run" of this not-so-cute pair. She did so without really giving us any options about style. oh well, we shall see. (For the price, we may just go online.) Or I'm more interested in finding some shoes that are made in North America, preferably the good ol' USA... but the best form of shoe for her foot health is concern number one.

If we do decide to buy the newly ordered shoes, they won't be in until Thursday or so... I have a strong feeling she'll be walking by then (at least a few steps at a time).

My sweet girl is growing up!!! I am a happy mama.

2 comments:

Prisoner of the Universe #2-16 said...

You all can come down to Eastpoint to "Stride right" if there is still a store there - it's been several years since I shoe shopped for kids.... I'll check today on my way home from the grocery.
Love hear'n about your new steps, Zoey. Keep up the good work, mamma.
Love,
Grandma Pat

Serafina said...

We were in the shoe store yesterday too, Back To School Shopping. Delia is now wearing an 8 1/2, yes, that is in grown up sizes. This time next year she'll be borrowing my shoes, if I have any that fit her style.

Congrats Zoey, on your first steps! May you go go go and not be afraid to fall!