Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Vocabulary

Today Zoey busted out some new words: "Apple" and "Elmo". Yep. You'd think "Elmo" would be a no-brainer in this house, however, we don't watch any Sesame Street (other than on You Tube) because it is only on during nap time. But we do have a few Elmo books.... so I guess that's it.

Oh and she's totally got "elbow" down too. For real. She is fascinated with elbows. She tries to grab mine while I'm changing her diaper. That and she became intranced with them during last night's bath. She started saying elbow a day or so ago. And, yes, "Elmo" and "elbow" are similar, but there is a true difference when she says the words. It's not even only in my mommy brain.

She's quite the quick learner... if I do say so myself. She's repeating here and there. Now, John and I will be minding our own vocabulary MUCH more closely from now on. (We've already started... but now it's even more important.)

1 comment:

Prisoner of the Universe #2-16 said...

That's a very nice picture of my Granddaughter (on the heading of your blog) She's growing...
Love you all-
Grandma Pat