Nine... Nine... days...
Depending on how you count.... my sweet baby girl will be FOUR years old in nine days.
...Deep breath...
Time has been slowly creeping up on me. Zoey and I have been discussing her birthday, her party, her cake, her day for months. Literally. I think she was planning her Spiderman party before Christmas. Now, we are nine days away. I have yet to purchase anything. (Besides the Spiderman masks to use as party favors.) Yet to plan anything -officially. Did I mention she doesn't want a Spiderman party anymore?! Oh yeah... it was bubbles and Dora and Mona Lisa and this and that and back to Bubbles. I learned my lesson and didn't buy anything else. :) But I'm totally cool with that.
Really I was hoping she'd go back to the Mona Lisa idea. I mean, really, how freaking COOL would that be!?! I had great plans for THAT in my head. :) Now that reality has set in... only days away... it's best that she has settled on Bubbles. Easy peasy and not expensive. Thankfully.
BUBBLES!!
Now, to get my act in gear.... cake. balloons (she LOVES balloons). aaaaand a PLAN.
...
In all honesty, I don't think I ever thought about what kind of a party-throwing Mom I would be. Does that make sense? In my mind, I have great plans for all kinds of parties. I have great and grand ideas! Invitations, games, themes, color, foods, people, places, and things!! But when the time comes (for any great gathering - not just birthday parties), I get stuck in the details... the cash flow... Is it laziness? Is it fear of failure (to meet my own expectations)? Does the time roll around and I think.... "do we really NEED this?"
I really don't know..... but here it is... days away.
I suppose I'm lucky right now... Zoey will be happy with just about anything. I don't want that to become somekind of excuse either. ...She deserves to have a special day. But just what exactly makes it special....?!
Hmmmm.... A "party" day filled with love and good cheer! or two or three days.... ;)
....Oh and let's see... there's that whole MOVIE thing I promised myself I'd do every year.... TIME. TIME.
get on it, mama!
**Update: After writing this I started to sort the photos for Zoey's movie (it is naptime after all...) I realized I never posted pictures of her 3rd bday party! It took me weeks to get her movie together last year too. Last summer was full of sorrows as well as joys... Here's to sorting through it all... and not crying (too much).
1 month ago
1 comment:
I'm looking forward to the movie, or movies, if you get 'round to it.
I beginning to LOVE June for all the celebrations it holds.
Counting down...
I am NOT a robot, either.
Post a Comment