Friday, February 11, 2011

Making cookies

Cookies in FIESTA!
I was in the mood to make cookies this week...  the day I finally decided to just do it was Wednesday.  Zoey doesn't like the mixer.  It's too loud for her, I think.  So I thought my dreams of making cookies might be over until...  Zoey said she's help me after we made brownies...Yep.  That's what I said...  Brownies first, then cookies. Hmmm...  OK!
 After the brownies were successfully delivered into the oven...  we started on the choco chip love.  I set Z up on the other side of the kitchen with her own bowl of batter/dough.  (Flour, water, salt, some baking soda - cuz that's what on the recipe, yo!)  HA!  ...It's "batter" to her most of the time because that's how we got started with pancake batter... she's learning the small details to what we call which.  :)
 The first set of cookies was sans chips, but plus red sugar sprinkles for Valentine's day (at least that was the plan).  *Note Fiesta ramekin!  :) 
Brownie batter face!!  YUM!

"Show me the spoon."  :)

Waiting for the cookies to bake.

More waiting...  see our smiling faces in the oven door?!?  :)
*Oh and yes, Zoey did well with the mixer on.  She made the noise like the mixer pretty much anytime it was on.  But she didn't cry or run into the other room.  When I was done she asked me to "put the mixer away?"  All in all a very very good experience!!  :)

2 comments:

Serafina said...

I love this! Cookies aren't hard to make without the mixer (we don't even have one!). Glad to see that girl (and you) baking!

Prisoner of the Universe #2-16 said...

Yummy, yummy. Chocochips AND brownies.
This girl has my heart.
You are taking some really good pics. Keep 'em coming.
Love to you all.
Grandma Pat