Thursday, February 10, 2011

Happy hearts!

This Valentine's Day may not be here quite yet, but we did a bit of early celebrating this past weekend at Sun Valley.  Zoey handed out a few handmade "Balentimes" and my sister made Zoey some super cute knitted hearts!  We had a loverly day hanging out with the family and even played a board game!  (That's a real, not sarcasic, exclaimation point! I like games.) Even with all of the fun (and I even put on makeup so as not to be totally embarrassed if my face ended up somebody else's blog...  ah hem...)  No one took a single picture!  What?!  I know...  So, Tracy asked me to take a few of the hearts for her "finished projects" blog.  I happily did just that:

Just some fun with tones and contrast...

Three hearts: red, pink, and purple ("beet"-purple, if you will!)


I spelled out H E A R T S on the floor.  "Hearts," I said.  Zoey added... "P D C...  That spells hearts!"

Zoey loves her hearts, but was just a little bored taking pictures over and over and over.  She humors me!  :) 
Thanks Seester for the fun toys.  Zoey's favorite thing to do with them is throw them.  I can't say I blame her, they are fun to throw.  ;)  She also mixes them in with her knitted veggies...  but I have yet to see her cook any hearts.  Perhaps she may bake some into cupcakes or brownies one day.  :)  That would be "tasty!" 

1 comment:

Prisoner of the Universe #2-16 said...

"Hearts to you all, m'dear."

Sorry the cell phone dropped my call to you. I tried to get back, but the sign said "Circuits busy..."
so I tried this way to say "I love you; and, I'm hanging up now."