Thursday, January 27, 2011

Cee-gars and friendly faces

My sweet husband has a birthday coming up.  He's turning 32.  To some, this isn't a "special" birthday..  or at least special enough...  It's not 21 or 30 or 40 or 50...  But, to me, any and every birthday is special.  :)  So, when said dear sweet husband requested a party (which he hasn't ever before)...  I said...  "um, do we really know enough people to warrant a party?!"  HA!  And then I said... "If you want it, YOU GOT IT!"  :) 

His birthday isn't until the 30th (shared with Uncle Jim, Joey, Ben, Cameron, and a host of others I'm sure)... but we have close friends hosting a big shin-dig that weekend (um, this weekend)...  so we decided to party early!!

Here's the photographic evidence!

Here are the cigars!  I made them!  Yep, I did!

More cigars.  Have you noticed yet that they are made of chocolate?!  Even the bartender couldn't tell.  He was trying to find a place for people to smoke them.  He told John that people might be able to go out on the roof?!  HA! 

The happy couple.  **A couple of people used my camera.  So there were more than 300 picctures...most out of focus!  :)

Holly acting as Jackie Chan!  Hilarious!! (Chan DVDs were part of a bday gift.)

Some friends!!  (When I put this up on FB, I said it would have been even a better picture had I realized my camera was smarter than me... it picked super cool focus on Holly's face and everyone else is blurry!  Oh well...  I'm learning.   AND, how good does Holly look!?!)  :)

One of my favorites!  This is my friend, Cat.  Her New Year's Resolution was to get me out more.  I'm ok with that!  :)

The birthday boy!!  Isn't he cute!?!  :)

This is Scott.  I'm not sure if he'd like this picture, but I think it looks pretty cool.  (John wants to see it in black and white...  I'll do that when I get my fancy dancy photo software...  oh, yeah, and that new computer!  someday...) ;)

Cat and her hubby, Joe.  I just love this picture.  It captures a moment.  So fresh and real.  So cute!!


This isn't any great photo, but it has some great people in it!! 

The dessert table!!  I made the chocolate covered pretzels into "cigars."  I made my first ever from-scratch cupcakes.  The brownies were for fun.  The candles (not lit yet) are a MUST for any Miller party.  The napkins...  (I never took a picture of the napkins!!) Well, I hand-stamped a cigar box on each one.  :)  The tables were decorated with candles and giant magazine ads featuring cigars, liquor, watches, and a few cars.  :)  -Thanks, Cigar Aficionado.
All in all we had such a wonderful time!!  It makes me want to have more parties!  Well, it makes me want to GO to more parties!!  And, it makes me think I should bring back the summer birthdays luau THIS summer...hmmm...?!?  :)

*Special thanks to my Mother in Law for missing the party and hanging out here with Zoey.  (Even though I did have a nice, responsible teenager that I truly trust available to sit...  she's even YMCA certified...  Next time, Joyce...  When you're ready.)  ;)  xoxo

1 comment:

Prisoner of the Universe #2-16 said...

Happy Birthday John and Trisha. The 32nd celebration is truely in order. NEVER MISS AN OPPORTUNITY TO lIVE iN tHE mOMENT! Our birthday wishes [traditional] will be a little delayed (as is usual for me)but the warm [I love you] wishes can come to you via the ubiqtious internet ;-) today in this message.
pHOTOS ARE GREAT. kEEP 'EM COMING.

Love, Mom n Dad