Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Status Update(s).

My vanilla blueberry protein shake (so eagerly anticipated after a fun-filled morning at the playground) tastes like wallpaper paste. Worse than wallpaper paste.

My standard Peruvian Decaf tastes a bit strong (due, perhaps, to being made in haste with a gnawing why-did-I waste-my money-on-a-crappy-"protein shake").

In any case, Zoey and I went to the playground this morning. It was a bit spur of the moment (not showered yet, but not too hot out, so let's go)...turns out it was everybody's spur of the moment idea. Or some kind of child care's morning recess - gathered later by the herding of children via whistle... The older (yet still smallish) children were ok with Zoey and me being there... but I was a bit stressed by the amount of kids running circles around my not-yet two year old.

I decided to grab my camera and snap some pictures of her on the other side of the park - in the gazebo and flower areas. This lasted for a while - exploring bird nests, flowers, and many steps. Then I thought I'd give the playground equipment another shot. It was in the shade and why should I let anything stand between my sweet kid and some slides and steering wheel action!?

Not long after that decision - the whistles blew and the kiddos ran to line up. Score! I took even more pictures. I snapped away until my battery was dead.

I have taken more than 800 photos since I got the coolie-o camera! And I believe there's room for some 800 more on the memory card. I hope to get my act together and load these pix before I'll have to spend DAYS sorting through them. :)

I haven't given up on my point and shoot one either. Ok, so I sort of did there in the very beginning - thinking why would I use it when I have such a fab-o one now?! Then I realized it's because they do different things! They are perfectly different for many reasons. So... I started snapping some with that too (oh and you thought I'd post THOSE!!! Um, that battery is charging TOO!) soon.... :)

On to other news... I have been working steadily on the "family room" (as John calls it)... I never had such a room growing up. We had a living room and a dining room and a kitchen... I guess suburban houses have an extra room, simply for the family. Stay out all of you non-relatives!! HA!! But seriously, this room is an extention of the kitchen, it has our dining table on one end and a fireplace with couches on the other. It is the room we spend most of our time in now. .. Now that we have a TV in it bigger than a lunchbox (thanks "old" house and Mom) in it. We have also started to spend more time in here because I'm less afraid of Zoey biffing and spliting her head on the hearth - the big thick, rock-hard hearth.

Now that the room is painted, it seems more like a room we'd like to hang in too. It's cozy and last week I had the electricians come and install a new ceiling fan (and a new light in the hall way). So now we have moving air and a better feel than the nasty-white and gold monstrosity. :) (Yes, remodel pictures will come... they are part of those 800+)

We are still working on the room... trying to find pictures for the walls... waiting to hang a new curtain rod. A wonderous work in progress.

***Update: I checked out my camera after the battery charged... I've taken more than 1200 photos since I got this camera! Whoa!! I've got some sorting work to do asap!! :)

1 comment:

Aranea said...

Wow! I love the upbeat energy and enthusiasm of your blog! Such a nice, refreshing down to earth feel. Thanks for sharing! :)