One week from today, my sweet Beana will turn two. TWO! Two years old! Wow. It's simply amazing! I look at her and wonder what I ever did before she came into my life.
In the shower today, I thought about her birth. My birthing experience. I thought about the little things - like having to pee with just about every contraction (oops... I mean "birthing wave"). I thought about the fantastic birthing tub at the hospital. I thought about how I could replicate that tub experience at home - if we ever even think about doing this again.
My head went all over the place - thinking about Zoey coming into this world. ..That night, that morning... The fact that I think of myself as a writer (or an aspiring writer) and I have yet to write down the experience. Crysta, one of my doulas, told me that she writes her side of the story for each birth that she attends. I only found out that she journaled Zoey's birth about two weeks ago. She said she'd get me a copy... I can't wait!! I do have a copy of the medical report of the events of that evening/morning. It's pretty funny... to think what the nurses wrote down compared to what I remember and especially compared to what John remembers. I'll really have to sit down and recall my own feelings before reading Crysta's viewpoint or before re-reading the nurse's account.
Zoey is doing well. She's a spirited little kid. (And, yes, I'm just as frustrated as you are that I still have no pictures... I tried to delete extra programs on this little 'puter here, but I'm no techie... thanks for being patient.)
This afternoon I got out the set of big stainless mixing bowls for her. She usually moves items from one bowl to the next or pours water in them. This time we added corn starch. The girl loves corn starch. I have been using it on her bum (instead of icky creams or stinky powders) almost her entire life. (A tip from my MIL.) It's great for diaper rash. and it's eco-friendly. :)
Lately, Zoey has taken to putting her fingers in it and then into her mouth... even more recently she has started asking for some "torn starch" while I diaper her to rub on her face or her legs or wherever. So, this afternoon she saw me pull out a box from the pantry (not the SAME box, mind you) and put it in our lunch (for a sauce thickener). She wanted some... I thought, "eh, why not?!" I put a small amount into a bowl and she proceeded to put her "makeup on."
There's a mirror floating around the house and it ended up propped up against the kitchen wall today. She took her finger and applied "makeup" to her cheeks. It was adorable! Yes, I took pictures.... ;) This was quite fine until she wanted more... I obliged. Then of course, her face was covered... and she learned that by clapping her hands together she could produce precipitation. Puffs of corn starchyness fell from her hands and she said, "It's raining!" I was in heaven just watching her.
And, truthfully, it wasn't even that messy. (Bonus!)
My little girl is growing up. She's developing her mind, her little body, her emotions are all over the place... She's truly becoming one heck of a person. I'm so proud to be her mama.
5 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment