Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Follow the yellow brick road.

Ok, so not really. This post has nothing to do with Wizards or Frank Baum. But I thought "Follow the Leader" was misleading and "Follow Me" simply lame. :)

My friend, Heather, has recently started blogging. I think she tried once before - when her son was born. I'm not going to link to her - for one, I haven't asked her and two, she might prefer that I not send people to her until she gets the hang of this bloggie thingie (um, that's a technical term).

When I saw her last - a few weeks ago - we discussed blogging and I found out that she actually reads this, here, blog! This surprised and delighted me! We talked about how I'm not really sure how many people read my blog because I don't have that many followers. (I think I'm at 18 now. And, yes, I love you 18 folks!!) And how not many people leave comments.

So what this little post is all about: SIGN UP, PEOPLE!! C'mon, it is not hard, you won't be put on some gov't watch list, you don't have to give personal information, you don't have to post a picture.... If you want to use a fake name or whatever, that's fine... (just if you really know me in real life, drop me an email and tell me that profile entitled "MutherLuvsGuns" is really you). That said, if I don't know you and your profile creeps me in anyway... yeah, I'll figure out what I can do about it then.

So, Heather... (and Joyce)... and all you other friends of mine, please "follow" me and leave me a comment every once in a while. Or at least leave a comment without a profile.

**If it helps, I'm taking part in "101 things in 1001 days" (although I haven't told you that because I wanted to launch a big post with my list... but my list isn't 101 things long yet... kind of defeating the purpose...but I'm working on what I have listed and constantly adding more "things") and one of my list items is "Get 30 followers on my blog" another is "Get 60 Followers on my blog." Now that I have written that, I guess I'll start crafting a post explaining the list... eh, sometime... :)

Thanks all!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Trish it looks like you guys had fun!!! Love your blog.

Serafina said...

Why don't you link to 101 things in 1001 days so the uninitiated can see what you're talking about!

Keep up the blogging, sister!

Heather said...

Yeah I am famous I am am mentioned in your blog.!!!! I rule. Anyway I have followed your lead. I love blogging just can;t do it everyday but am trying to keep up every other day!!!I am going to suggest my family follows you as well.

A Chicken said...

You can also put a sitemeter on your site so you know who is reading you, and where they are. I just use the free one.