Tuesday, May 4, 2010

"Giant Elmo"

The last time we went to visit my folks (two weeks ago), John and I stopped by the house in which I grew up. I found the big stuffed Elmo that my dad gave me for my high school graduation. I thought Zoey would like it. When she saw me carry it out of the house and to the car, John told me she said with a gasp, "GIANT Elmo!!" She constantly amazes me with her vocabulary. How did she know "giant"? I'm sure we've used that word around her before...but she knew, at that moment, the difference between her regular elmo and the "big" elmo that she got at the bookstore a while ago and this new to her "giant" elmo! And as much teaching as we do around here, I've not "taught" her that particular word.

Wow. :)

As for the picture, John snapped this the morning after we got back from seeing the family. --Yes, I'm just now posting!-- Zoey nurses before breakfast every morning. This morning, she had to have "Giant Elmo" to hold.

I think my favorite part is that you can see her little hands... one holding Elmo's neck, one holding his hand. He is literally larger than she is.

Oh, she's so cute! She makes my heart sing!! :)

No comments: