Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring Outing

a.k.a. I have the cutest baby in the whole world!
Today we had lunch with our friend Anne and went to the park. It was a glorious sunny day (temps in the 60s, I think). Zoey was looking super cute. And this picture was taken right before we left for lunch. :)

The following pictures are of her mostly walking away - because I never thought to take any until we had left our friend and were on the way back to the car... so I was not getting her back in the stroller and she was on a mission...
We looked at sweet gum balls and after Anne showed her they were not in fact scary, she had to have one to take home. ("Had to" didn't happen until we were already back at the car, of course... she did get one.)Ahhh... shadows!

After leaving our first park... we decided to drive by the local school playground (not the one by our house now - the one by our old house... for those of you interested.) A few of our other friends were playing there and so we thought we'd stop and say HI!
Zoey was having a fun time following all of the bigger kids around, but -here again- didn'thave my camera ready at that point... so these two shots are taken with such bright sunlight that I couldn't even see the screen. I just tried to document the day. This was our first official trip to a playground.
She loved to see the kids swing, but did not like swinging with mama.
She also did not like the slide... at. all. (maybe next time)
She loved seeing our little friend, Caden (he's five). He was nice to her, but was much more interested in playing with his big-kid friends. I can't say that I blame him... for now.
(Here's another random shot taken without being able to see anything... just my cute kid. She was counting the bolts.)
I realized a few things today:
1. I need to get outside more - every. day.
2. I like hanging out with my kid.
3. I'm going to need to build up some stamina to be an active mom. - Time to start walking - every.day.
4. I have a very hard time being a "playground mommy" - but that could simply be my own reservations and weirdness.
5. Always take water with you - wherever you go.

4 comments:

Johnny said...

vaour bebe is fantabulous!

love,

the hoob

Serafina said...

Just go to the playground more often! You will both get used to being active if you do it more frequently.

That is one cute kiddo!

Heidi Ho said...

Agree and second your entire list. NOT the playground momma either. Sophie doesn't love the swing at all...but loves to climb the stairs of the slide and go down. (scares me to death!)

I saw some of your pictures because you were tagged. I wish we lived closer. I could really use a blessing for the next pregnancy when the time comes. The ceremony sure looked beautiful.

Jenny said...

So cute!!! As Zoey gets older, you both will like the playground more:-D And we should get together, she and Jools could play together at the playground....they're only, what....7 mos apart? It'd be fun! And yeah, as she gets older (you know, like this summer, haha!!!), you'll be more active chasing her, so it'll get easier! And it's tons of fun! You are such a good mama...she's lucky to have you!!!!