Sunday, January 3, 2010

Three Christmases...Smooshed into one post

Christmas was wonderful.

In a more "time-filled" world, I would have posted about every moment of this festive holiday season. But alas, New Year's Eve has come and gone and I'm still forcing myself to sit down to post what little I will now. (And by forcing, I mean, really I haven't been on the ol' computer much this past week. and that's a good thing.) :)


Highlight from Christmas #1: Christmas Eve at Sun Valley
This picture shows me and Zoey opening her Skippyjon Jones gift from the Strothers.

I must point out the fantastic set of OLD encyclopedias (the white and green set) in the bookcase. Those puppies are so old that the information isn't even correct anymore... ok, so they are so old they weren't correct when I was looking up stuff for Elementary School homework!! They are so cool!!

Oh, and that light-up church in the bookcase has been in my family for as long as I can remember... I think Grandma Bea made it. Zoey really liked it. She kept poking her fingers in the windows - messing with the colored gels.



Highlights from Christmas #2: Christmas Morning at the Miller Manor
Zoey in her Christmas Monkey PJs as she plays with some of the toys Santa left under the tree.



A whammie shot of three gifts: the HOUSE (from Santa), the Super Why Doll (in her hand from Mama), and the GIANT tennis ball (from "Uncle" Ben, Zoey affectionatly calls him "Beee-an").
There are plenty of stories and pictures of Santa's quest to find THE HOUSE!!! I dare not reveal the putting house together shots, but let me tell you....After last year's Christmas, Daddy Santa went ALL OUT!! :) And we love him for it. :)

Highlight of Christmas #3: Christmas at Grandpa and Grandma Miller's
Here's Zoey working to give Uncle Bill his remote control car. She loves to help. The determination on her face is priceless.


The photo that sums it all up:

The surprise. The delight. The WHOA WOW factor.

4 comments:

Prisoner of the Universe #2-16 said...

Fantastic pictures and memories. Christmas is a wonderful time.
We love you all.
Grandma and Pop-pop Walls

PS the church was made by Grandma Bea for Grandpa Howard sometime in the 60's - so it qualifies as an "antique" ;)

Heidi Ho said...

I just love that our girls are so much alike in so many ways. I have the "wow" photo on our site as well. We went with "the tent"...but it hasn't arrived yet. :( I also love that these little girls are so "petite" with wild and beautiful hair! Skinny legs, BIG hair!!! hahaha

Zoey is just beautiful! Mama, you have done a great job!!!

Heidi Ho said...

PS...I love to hear "Grandma Bea" stories on our end...and then read others on yours. Makes me feel like I've met her.

bnicholson said...

Love the house Santa brought her! I have her photo on my East Coast Fridge even as we speak! Thanks so much!!
Love,
Barbara