I decided to take a quick snap shot (not even posed!) of the Solstice gift I made for John many moons ago. (The etched Celtic knot mirror.) It is sitting in our bookcase -smooshed inbetween the cool gifts Scheimann found for us at his recent trip to a Ren faire. The leather mug was for John, the stoneware goblet for me. (They are smooshed because everything that is precious or breakable is shoved onto these shelves until Zoey learns what things are for little hands and what things aren't.)
John's hoping to come home early today. I'm hoping to figure out some heartfelt way to spend this most beautiful holiday with him and Zoey.
As Christmas is quickly approaching and we are so very excited for Zoey's first "conscious" Christmas - although we KNOW she was in-the-know in her own way last year - I'm hoping to slow down this "buy buy buy" mentality. and I think the Solstice is a PERFECT day to really rest and reflect.
Hug your loved ones. Enjoy the crisp cool winter air. Light a candle. Pray. Sing a song. Celebrate this day as you wish. I know I'm excited to do so.
Blessed Be!!
No comments:
Post a Comment