So, gentle readers, I'm not feeling the blog love tonight... BUT I told you I'd update about today's music class. It was fun. I knew many more mamas (and their babies) in this class. There were about oh, 8 babies and 9 adults (and one teacher). That includes the Z and me, one set of twins (accompanied by one mama), a mom and grandma, and a mom and dad set. There were two little boys 15 months plus. The rest were itty bitties.
Zoey was much more outgoing today - she was the big kid this time. That, and I think she felt more comfortable since she'd been there before and recognized the teacher.
She was a bit more cranky today too. Odd, I know. The classes interrupt her normal nap time. I was trying to slowly move her to napping more in the afternoon (or at least closer to 11 or 11:30). She's not liking this change much. I'm not either. Now I have to figure out how to tell my friend that I'm not going to sign up for the classes. ugh. I totally would do this too. But if I bow out now, I don't have to choose which class. -The older class where Zoey and I actually get to do something constructive (with our play) and she gets to interact with older kids... Today's class where I get to see some mamas that I know and the class is over in 8 weeks (compared to 15 wks!) But the music and such is targeted to little itty bitties... mostly touch and massage and swaying - although it could get more interactive as the class gets into swing?! Oh and the biggie: um, did I mention this is ex.pawn.seeeve!! um, yeah. Amd normally, I'd just. do. it. (I still have some yard sale money in reserve.) But, DUDE, I'd reeeeeally like to decorate for the fall/halloween... and I'd like to go buy a wildberry smoothie from the local coffee shop without having to balance my checkbook in the parking lot beforehand!
...sigh...
Oh, and I thought about not writing this part, but..... the classes take place in a community building in the room they use for karate - padded floors and all. This would be a big plus for running kids... IF. the. floors. were. clean. ummm, yeah. Can you say sweaty barefoot teens with God-only-knows-what in that room before a troupe of tiny kiddos crawl, run, and roll all over the floors (and put whatever HAIR and DUST they find on the floor in their moouths).
Whoa. I guess I made my decision.
But how do I tell the teacher?
*Oh and to all of you natural mamas out there, I have been working really hard to combat my thoughts about sickness and germs. (I'm the girl that stood up in front of a group of mamas - during my ECO-nursey workshop - and said, "get rid of all the antibacterial soap in your house!") I believe in building healthy immune systems... but c'mon, RINGWORM and ATHLETE'S FOOT!?!? These things run through my head....
Right when we first got there today, the fancy fun scarves were out to entertain the early birds. Zoey ran right for them and threw them UP in the air. so cute! Another little girl (7 mo old) decided to eat the scarf... as kids do. Her mother asked if they were clean. The teacher said, "oh yeah, they are soaked in Lysol. But don't worry, they've had plenty of time to air out." To which the mama looked at me and replied, "Which is worse, the germs or the Lysol?!" I tend to think the Lysol.............. but to the teacher's defense, that's what the corporation tells her to do with the scarves. ick.
(She handed out a "We fight H1N1" paper at both classes. It was to assure parents that all the instruments are cleaned and that parents are encouraged not to come to class if the child has flu-like symptoms. Then again, the teacher told us all to disregard her singing voice, "cuz I have a cold.") hmmmmm......
I'm sorry if this happy little post turned ugly. I've been obessing about this whole thing all day. I'd like to get out and take a class. I don't want to have to tell my sort-of friend that I'm not taking her class after two free classes. (Perhaps I could offer to pay something for the two?!)
Then again... what's wrong with me that I can't CALL the mamas that I know and go do something with them for free?! like have them over here to the Manor? Because I'm socially inept and weird? probably.
I have a great group of mama friends now! I'm just weird about connections. I know the friends I have now would drop anything for me... Would go and be and do whatever.
Perhaps it's time for a "playdate"? Whoa. Is that all 1980s-Family Ties? Or 1990s-Full House? HA!! How wholesome! :)
** So, I just re-read that... It sounds pretty bad. :( I'm sorry again. The classes ARE entertaining! I think Zoey would really get into all. I know I would too. It's just now is not the time. If we wait til the next session, Zoey will be old enough to really get the older class and hopefully her nap schedule will be better suited.
...Now, I need to get my insides together enough to call the teacher. Yes, I know it's all in my head.... cut me some slack, I think it hormone time.... grrrrreat.
1 week ago
1 comment:
We did Kindermusik when Mallie was about 19-20 mos old...she really liked it. But then it was in the 'ArtSmart' building...not in the dojo (which is where I'm assuming it is now from your post). To tell you the awful truth--this whole swine flu thing has put a bug up my rear. I usually am totally about not worrying about germs, but I don't know why (new baby, new flu virus?), but I am like the hand-washing, wiping off the cell phone with a LYSOL wipe Nazi now....seriously! Sooo...point is, I may not want my little one putting nasty stuff from a place that has lots of traffic in her mouth this particular winter either:-)
Playdates ARE fun and wholesome:-)
Post a Comment