So, it has been long enough since I have written that I actually had to pause and think about my password to sign in. eek! I'll work to remedy that.
Anyhoo, Miss Zoey had her 15 month check up today! WHOO HOO!! 15 months.
The stats:
weight: 20lbs, 2 oz
height: 31.5 inches
head: 19.5 inches
Everything is looking good!! We had a med student from OU during our visit. He was very new-like. Very nice. I don't think he'd ever had a baby patient before. He was enamoured with our beautiful girl. She would wave and smile at him while he asked us questions (the regular doc did the "exam"). He would smile and wave back; his eyes lighting up. He even said, "She's so beautiful." He did a fine job, for all I know. The Doc only said "leading question" two times (maybe three) during the student's questioning period. (He -the student- would say stuff like... "and she cries alot because of her teeth?!" ... or something ...But it was nice to see the student was actually getting feedback while proceeding, that way he'd know where he went "wrong." As opposed to being passed along with a "you did fine" or "yeah, whatever.")
So, another new thing today... We tried out a music class. Kindermusik. It was all new for us. The class included the teacher, three parent-types (moms and perhaps a grandma!?), four kids, and of course us. So, five kiddos total. Zoey was the youngest. This class was for kids ages 18 m - 3 years. With Z being on the edge of the age requirements - and being so tall - the teacher and I thought we'd give it a shot. Tomorrow's class is for newborn - 18 m. We're testing out both to see which we like better. I'll let you know what we decide tomorrow.
Today, we played with wooden sticks (musical instrument-type sticks), fancy fun-colored scarves, sang songs, danced, and listened to the teacher read a book about a boy and his dog taking a bath - together. Which the kids thought was funny. ...but only after having the fact the boy and dog were taking a bath together pointed out... I guess they really didn't even get it at first. I know I was too interested in watching how Zoey would react in that particular situation than to listen to the book. :)
1 month ago
No comments:
Post a Comment