Thursday, August 27, 2009

Henna

On Friday (yes, almost a week ago...) John and I went downtown to get some Henna tattoos! Yep, we had a good time. Zoey even had fun sitting in her stroller and watching the cars go by. (The tattooing happened outside on the street.)


Here's John getting his tat done. There are no pictures of me in the process because I forgot all about the camera until he had taken Zoey for a walk down the street.

The girl doing the henna was a bit younger than we thought... ah hem. (I only felt a little OLD.) :) But she did a great job and was fun to talk to.

Here's my arm right after it was done (I thought the dark henna paste would be easier for you to see the detail.) I thought Amy (the artist) did a really great job. I told her a bit about what I wanted and pointed out some ideas from her flash book, but then told her to "be creative" and she came up with quite a piece!

Here's my arm right after I took the paste off (about 2.5 hours later). I had to get ZOey in the bath tub so I didn't want it flaking off in the water. At first, I thought that my skin didn't take the dye very well. See, it looks rather like and orange. John's looked like someone had drawn on him with a bright orange marker.... eeek.


But THEN after we woke up the next morning, WOW! The color came through very WELL!! (Admittedly none of these photos are very good, I took them myself of myself... but trust me, the art looked great. Still looks great.)
Makes me want to do it again. :)

3 comments:

A Chicken said...

Cute! How long will it stay on?

Serafina said...

Awesome! I love it!

Trisha said...

I think it'll stay about two weeks or so.