Thursday, July 23, 2009

Sushi Night.

My week of birthday fun continued last night with Sushi Night at Austyn's. I put Zoey to bed and John's mom came by to "watch" her. (I'm really going to have to think of a way to thank her for all this free "watching." Poor Grandma doesn't even get to see Sweet Zoey because thankfully she's sleeping til the middle of the night. Not that I would change that - OH NO!! I just need to fill my fridge with more beer and doughnuts for her next time!)


But I digress... Sushi Night was super fun! I just LOVE being able to spend some quality time with my husband.

**Confession: both John and I yawned as we sat in the dark booth of the beautiful bistro... One yawn, people, we are parents for crikey sake... we both apologized and pulled ourselves together!

After a nice warm appetizer (as we waited for fresh handmade raw bits!), we got our sushi!


Me and my Rainbow Roll.
**Please forgive the dark photos, even though we were weird enough to take pictures at the table, we weren't going to be those people and have a flash! nooooo...



The beautiful plating (minus some goodies, we ate before we thought about a photo).
The carnage.


My sweet Huba, with his flower (yes, he did eat it, but told me not to do the same with my plate decor - because it "tasted like a funeral home.") They are edible, people. Yes, they are.


Wasabi Man.
C'mon do you think we'd leave without playing with our food even MORE?

Me not eating my flower... just posing.



Ah, the berry bread pudding that we shared after our meal. (Yes, our waitress was good and funny... "What?! You're NOT 25?!?" Oh, she's so getting a big tip!)

Birthday week continues tonight with dinner here at the Manor with our friend, Scheimann. Zoey and I haven't seen him in MONTHS... (He got himself a little grrrrlfriend - and as he so pointed out on Facebook, was in a play too.... so, he's been busy.... ....totally busy with his girlfriend!!!) heheheheheh.....

No comments: