It's naptime here at the Manor. Normally, I would be running around trying to clean or as in the last few days taking a nap myself, but instead I thought I'd update this good ol' bloggie blog today.
I'm sorry for having taken so long to get back to writing. I have fallen back into the Facebook. Meaning I find it so easy to post a "status" update about what's on my mind instead of writing a full-on blog post. I don't like that. I'm mad that I let it happen this week. I got kind of irritated when my friends dropped their blogs like hot potatoes right as FB started to take off around here. There's even one still left in my blog roll that hasn't been updated in months.
Oh well, I digress...
The Manor has been full of activity this last week. My birthday week was wonderful. To sum it up: We had a nice dinner with Mr. Scheimann. I went to a fab-o party at my friend Holly's (it was originally for my friend Crysta's birthday, but they let me play along. They even got me my own cheesecake to blow out a candle!).
John and I hosted a couple for dinner a few nights ago. I preped ckicken, asparagus, and sweet potatoes; John grilled. I made MOJITOS. We even played Apples to Apples. It was super fun!
With heavier news, John drove to Athens to see the movie "Food, Inc." It has been life-changing... mindset changing... and I'm glad I didn't see it for myself. (I hope to post about this separately soon.)
Zoey has been growing up right before our eyes!! On Wednesday, the 29th, I put her down in front of the big glass doors here that lead to the back porch. She had her water bottle in both hands and stood by herself!! It was so awesome! Heidi told me that the kiddos are more apt to walk/stand/whatever by themselves if you give them something to hold onto (that way they don't realize they aren't holding onto you). It worked! She wobbled a bit and kept knocking the end of the bottle against the door, but kept standing. :) She did it again later that day while holding a lime at the front door. I told John about it, but she hasn't done it again since. She's so close to walking by herself... I should re-visit that whole baby gate thing... perhaps. :)
AND... John and I moved Zoey's crib to her own room on Sunday!!! Whooo-hoo! It was a stressful day because John had to take the whole crib apart. (My dear sweet husband is about as handy as... umm... he's not so handy.) John's dad finally came down in the afternoon to help. But it's done! and she's been SLEEPING LIKE A CHAMP!!! One night she only woke up one time and she only talked to herself and put herself back to sleep. I never had to go in. :) Every other night I've had to go in around 5 a.m. Then she goes back to sleep til about 7 or 7:20 ish. It's been great!
Yes, I was sad that first night. The thing that really got me was cleaning out my nightstand. I had been keeping diapers, wipes, lotion, the gas medicine, etc. in there... so moving all of that stuff is what made it all sink in. My baby wasn't going to be at the end of my bed anymore. She was :sigh: "growing up." That, and John wasn't happy about it at first (at all) and said things like "I'm just doing what I'm told" while in the midst of angrily disassembling the crib. I think he'd sleep on a bed of nails to ensure that Zoey was getting the best of everything and he thought keeping her close to me would be best for "a while longer." I hope he's come around to realizing that she is just fine - perhaps even better off - in her own space. This way, whenever I do decide to wean her, she'll be secure in her own bed. with her own surroundings. able to put herself back to sleep even better. I hope! :)
Now, it's raining here. and I hear Miss Z starting to squirm on the monitor... so much for a quick post and a restful moment to sit on the back porch before she woke up. ha ha!
*Hey, perhaps she's gone back to sleep... :) Time to stretch, take a deep breath, and let it soak in just how great life is!
1 month ago
No comments:
Post a Comment