with no real place to hang it, hilarity ensued.
Here's where the Blueberries come into play: Long story, short. Neil Gaiman is John's favorite author. (Tracy loves him too.) Tori Amos is loved by the whole family. Neil and Tori are friends. When she was pregnant with her daughter, Natasha, Neil wrote a poem for her "Blueberry Girl." (I guessing it's a play on "Cornflake Girl," a song by Amos.)
Aunt Tracy and the Birthday Girl.
Anyhoo... evidentally he published the poem this year (Tasha was born in 2000). John tried to find the book - he couldn't. Tracy found it (without knowing he had looked) and gave it to Zoey. She also made her a beautiful blue dress to go with it (pictures, to come).
I had no idea about any of this. It was simply in the stars that my sweet Beana have blueberries for her birthday.
I read the poem outload to Zoey around the birthday table. We all cried. That's what we do, we Walls girls... we cry. It's ok. We accept it. And evidentally so do the men that love us. :)
Happy Birthday, Zoey!
Happy Birthday, Zoey!
2 comments:
You guys are so sweet.
I hope you can never read that book without crying!
I love you!
Very cool about the book, a tale a librarian can relate to.
Two beautiful little girls here, we are so lucky!
I love you guys!
Barbara
Post a Comment