Miss Zoey Elizabeth turned ONE YEAR old on Monday. To celebrate we had a weekend full of activities. The first was a small party at the Manor on Saturday. Here are some of the highlights of that party...

The Cake. I made it myself. :) The "Big Z" was made out of blueberries. (Some of the sweetest blueberries I've ever had.) I didn't realize just how important those blueberries would be to the birthday girl. More on that in a later post.

Zoey tastes her first cake (with a little help from Da Da). She wasn't too sure what to do at first, so he put her hand in the icing and then had to actually put it in her mouth. She's not usually shy around food, but I think it was a combo of the multitude of camera FLASHES and that she had literally JUST gotten up from a decent nap. After the initial taste - she coulddn't stop!! :)

Here we have Zoey eating her cake. She's wearing the most adorable "It's my 1st Birthday" crown. The crown was a gift from my friend Amy. (The best part of the crown - it also comes with the numbers 2 and 3... so she can wear it again. Or more importantly, I can wear it "31" and "32" if I so choose....
and you think I'm kidding....)

The party space. I had written earlier about the fabric and my desires to cover the back porch... well, it was HOT and GROSS HUMID... so we made our party inside. :) And, of course, we used FIESTAWARE dishes (in pleasantly bright colors).

Here's the birthday girl as she accepts the car John and I bought for her. We were on the hunt for this thing for weeks! He and I had given the playskool car to my niece Delia on her first birthday and really wanted to continue that little tradition. We looked high and low. - They don't make them the same anymore. So we got the "updated" version. It's cute, yes. It has tons of turny things and noise maker things and it even converts to a standing push 'thing'. Yes, it's cute. But I kinda miss the plain old car. (No wonder our kids have such short attention spans, geesh. Thank goodness there are no battery operated noisy things!) *It does have a neat trunk on the front to put stuff in. I kept joking that it must be German engineering. :)
*And yes, dear readers, it is sadly made in CHEEE-INA. Oh well. We tried. :)We had a FUN-TABULOUS time with family: Grandma and Grandpa Miller, Uncle Bill, Great Uncle Jim, and Carolyn were all on hand to eat, drink, and be merry!!!
I'll post about the next day's activities soon... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment