
On Saturday, we traveled to my Grandma's 'farm' - Sun Valley. My cousin Joey was in town. I haven't seen him since July of last year. It was so nice to see him and the rest of our family, of course. :)

When we drove up to the house, we noticed that my mom had added a giant wooden deck to the front. It's beautiful! (And it's wheelchair accessible! A big plus for Grandma and Daddy!) This is a picture of sweet Zoey and her "Uncle Joey" on that pretty deck.

Zoey had her first ride on a swing this weekend, thanks to Aunt Tracy. We hope to do more swinging this summer. It's amazing to me to see my kid on the swing set that my Grandpa built from "salvaged" parts. The swing set that I learned to swing on.
Our day was topped off with a lunch of Phillip's Restaurant steak hoagies!! YUM! John and I also brought some doughnuts from
JR's Donut Castle. These are damn good doughnuts! They aren't quite the family's favorite Bonnie Belle's "Lard Bombs," but since that bakery decided it didn't
need to make doughnuts anymore... well... We won't even GO there! **And do check out the JRs link... they posted a local TV commercial. So. Cute. :) And yes, that's JR himself waving out of the drive-thru window!!
All in all we had a grand time - seeing family - eating great food - playing outside. A great summer day!
2 comments:
How fun! (I'd say your missing Judy's party was worth it, lol!) Jools has that 'Happy Day' shirt, and I LOVE your sister's haircut! The deck looks nice:-)
I think that deck looks really nice!
Post a Comment