Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Pretty soon she'll be hitting the margaritas...

ZOEY DRINKS USING A STRAW!! Whoo-hoo!! How ever-loving cool is that?! I must send out major props to Grandma Joyce for working with Z on this task. John and I tried to introduce using a straw before, but never with much success. Then last Saturday (yep, the 25th), Joyce started working on her. And, I tell ya, in five minutes the kid had it!! Genius!!

I have no idea if this is early or average or whatever for little ones. It doesn’t matter. My kid is SUPER COOL!!

I should have pictures to go with this, but alas... I do not. I'm just happy to finally find 5 seconds to write. And wouldn't you know it... Zoey just woke up! For real. She's squirming on the monitor now. (But hey, she slept for more than 30 minutes... I just used that time to get. something. done.)

Too bad, Blogger.... you are fun, but not as pressing as say, laundry... or me glued to an old espisode of Friends.

**And a side note (mostly for myself to remember), I started to nurse Z at 2 p.m. I put her down in her crib about 15 minutes later (awake). She fussed a bit, but not too badly. I waited... I started new laundry, folded 'old' laundry, made some tea, went around and shut all the windows because our neighbor decided to cut the grass right now - in the rain- uh, yeah....etc... etc... had that old Friends episode on... Then I didn't hear her on the monitor. What?! Really? It worked?! Nah. I waited...

Not a peep. I knew she was fine. I celebrated a split second and then... yeah, I had to make sure she was ok. I just opened the door to look. ;) She, of course, was fine. Sleeping on her tummy - having flipped all around in the bed to be on top of the covers and backwards from earlier. ah......

****So, she's fine now. Up and diaper changed. :) It's still raining outside. RAINING like a bitch. (Um, do bitches rain? I guess they'd rain as well as cats and dogs?! In any case, if we were back at the old house this week... we'd be bailing water out of the basement day and night. Gee, I hope that girl that is there now is ok. oh well....

1 comment:

Serafina said...

Hooray for Zoey! The next step is shooting the straw wrapper at you like a missile. And Hooray for you too Seester, for letting your little bean have a chance to wrestle with the problem of getting herself to sleep on her own.
I love you!