Friday, May 1, 2009

Enjoying May Day!

Ah, May 1st... May Day!

It's a beautiful, rainy spring day here. The sound of raindrops on the roof makes me happy.

The morning started out grand - Zoey was next to me. The sun decided to hide behind some clouds, leaving us to wake up slowly...

Then I checked my schmeemail. There was a disappointing note from my bank. I took charge and called them up. It was all a mix up and 20 minutes later (and some very annoying digitized classical wait-tunes later), everything was settled!

Back to this glorious May Day... I had thought about hosting a big party to celebrate this holiday. I had dreams of a maypole decked out in bright ribbons. Iced herb teas, frilly cookies or some such on a cute table under the trees.... Invitations to friends asking them (and their children) to wear beautiful pastels. It's a good thing I didn't try this year. The rain is beautiful and spring-like, but would have been a mess to play in the yard. I still hold these ideas for next year. By then Zoey will be able to participate and I'll be able to plan more.

Mark your calendars friends... May Day at the Miller Manor. Let's try to start a tradition!

3 comments:

Antoine Greg said...

cute header! ^ ^ such an adorable child

Jenny said...

I love May Day too. Growing up my mom used to take us around to deliver flowers on the doorsteps of our neighbors every May Day. It is certainly a tradition I am going to continue with my children. (And we'd also come to your party next year, should we be invited:-))

Trisha said...

Jenny, SURE you'd be invited. You would probably be one of the ones to get the most out of it. You know, have a deeper understanding.