Tuesday, May 26, 2009

First Mojito of the summer!

Rum. Club Soda. Lime. Simple Syrup. Mint.
Ahhh....

The only thing better will be sipping this love in my backyard. That is, when it's not 9 million degrees with humidity as high as walking through Vietnam.

**I just realized this is my first mojito since I got pregnant.... aww...**

(Another camera photo, taken by sweet hubby.)

3 comments:

Heidi Ho said...

MOJITOS ARE MY FAVORITE...IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD. I seriously made Jason get a clipping of fresh mint from his grandma's yard and plant it in our landscaping last year so I could have it on hand. It has totally taken over!!!

Hey, if you ever need some mint, I know where to get some!!hahaha

How do you make the simple syrup? I usually just mull the sugar with the mint and then mix the rest.

Are you still BFing?? I time my beverages very carefully still, but am slowly getting back into the world of the "grown-up drinkers".

Serafina said...

That looks like fun. One time my girls and I had a movie night where we rented Love in the Time of Cholera and made Mojitos, only instead of mashing the mint leaves Katie put a handfull in the food processor. They were HORRIBLE, it was like drinking mint pesto, we were all indiscreetly picking little pieces out of our teeth all night long. However, that went well with the movie because it was horrible too. :)

Ronin said...

Oh, Miss Trisha - Mommy said that she can't wait to visit next month so you guys can sip on your yummy Mojitos! :)