Zoey started to pull herself to standing! all. by. herself. I'm proud of her quick transitions. It seems like once she learned to crawl - nothing is stopping her. She's the damn cutest crawler, but at this rate, she'll be walking and running tomorrow! (or something...)
That said, she's totally keeping me on my toes. It's stressful. Seems odd to say it quite like that... I suppose the 'stress' is transition. change. I'm not very good with change. I need to work on that. I am working on that everyday. I have to. It just happens. Everyday is different from the last. Different from the next. That's life as a parent.
Geesh, I'm liking the period tonight. Period.
*******
The last few nights have been bad for Zoey. I think it's her teeth. Tonight I gave in and gave her some meds. I hope it helps. It didn't at first. By 8:11 p.m. (she's in bed by 8), she was up and screaming. She wasn't interested in being held or being left alone or anything. I turned on the crazy nightlight/noise machine thingie that I got as a shower gift. It projects a wheel decorated with cartoon images onto the wall. The wheel turns and makes it look like fish or jungle animals or, like tonight, moon and stars are dancing around the room. It's pretty cute, but way bright! I put this on over the crib with the sound of rain... I thought, hey, can't hurt.... and it'll give me a minute or so to let my breasts recover to begin the nightly process again. (Teething= ouchie...)
As the stars and the ocasional cow jumping the moon rotated above our heads, Zoey stood up in the crib and started talking to me. I laid on the bed, simply watching... I really never thought it would put her back to sleep... and it didn't, of course. It was a great moment, however. The way Zoey was backlit by the moving stars... her little voice... her sweet profile... I couldn't help but smile. I was (and am) utterly exhausted. I was all squished up on the end of the bed but it was a great moment.
I ran to get my camera. A perfect movie moment. But nope... my camera is too fancy-automatic to take movies in the "dark." I was hoping to capture said profile... alas, I will have to store my memories. Hopefully this post with help me with that.
Oh and yeah, she finally made it to sleep after 9 p.m.... not bad. especially compared to the last few nights. :)
1 month ago
2 comments:
OK...these girls are soul sisters! Totally!!! BTW, I was given some really good advice about the sleep/teething thing. The waking up isn't always the teeth. When they start getting mobile they get really overstimulated and don't want to stop "doing"..even for bedtime. They are just so excited for the world. I like to use that excuse for her many sleepless nights. How long do you intend on BFing??? I'm up in the air..at least a year, maybe more for night feedings only??? I don't know..Any advice/opinions?
Heidi, I just realized I don't know how to contact you directly - so here is my world to you via comments!!
I hope to breastfeed until Christmas (or so) -that would be 18 months. I read in Mothering magazine that "they" recommend if you stop BFing before 18m then you should supplement with formula (and Z refuses bottles and I just don't want to give her formula). I know plenty of people that stopped BF way before then and didn't supp too... so that really doesn't help. sorry.
I say 'hope' because she's getting nippy - thankfully she hasn't bitten me!! I have no idea about night feedings - I suppose that will continue, um, FOREVER!! (Because I have NO IDEA how to get her to sleep without the BOOB!)
OH and as for MOJITOS (from earlier).... I make my simple syrup by melting/just boiling/mixing equal parts water and sugar. I do it in a pot on the stove and save it in a salad dressing container (one of those glass ones with a pour top). That way, I only have to make it every once in a while. It really makes a difference in the taste. (Just be sure not to let the syrup sit for a long period of time (like weeks)- it will fall out of suspension and may form crystals or perhaps something worse. (That could be a fun experiment.)
So... WHEN are we getting these little ladies together?! I'm willing to drive out to the farm or you are always welcome here (look at me inviting myself....) :)
Post a Comment