Thursday, May 21, 2009

Each our own projects.

Hello Friends! Forgive the lateness of this post... Much has been happening here at the Manor. And I'll keep from boring you with the details. Let me say in advance that JOhn took the digital camera to work today. I'm sorry there are no new photos. That said, let me give you some highlights of the last... um, oh golly... many, many days.

ZOEY IS CRAWLING!!! Yes, dear readers, Miss Z took off like a rocket a mere two days after I last posted. Now do you see why it has been hard for me to write? HA!! No more leisurely postings while me sweet bean plays on the floor. Nope! And I'm happy with that! :) (As for right now, she's sleeeeeping!!!)

I've begun some DIY home projects. In the midst of crawling?! How can this be?! Let's just say, I've been sneaky and doing wee bits at a time... So wee, in fact, that my first projects went unnoticed by everyone (including John) for three (3) days!!

That particular project was removing all of the horrible wallpaper borders!! UGH! I had been dreading this task because of the thought of remover gels, scraping, back-aching work.... to my delight the first two rooms (the old dining room soon to be rec/play room and then Zoey's bedroom) were super easy!!! The third room (our bedroom) looks to be harder, but I'm not going to start that until I've finished something else. :) I only used a spray bottle of warm water and a sponge. And PRESTO! GONE! :) ahhhhh, my spirits are lifted just by thinking about the beautiful that is a clean wall.

I have already purchased the FreshAire paint in "canyon pebble" for the play room. I know it doesn't sound very kid and play friendly, but the room is smack in the middle of the house, right off the entry way on one side and kitchen on the other... so this room is more a walk-through room than anything else. I'm calling it Zoey's play room because hopefully I'll have it gate-able so she can play while I am in the kitchen or what not.

And just like that.... Zoey is awake.

At least I got to finish one thought!!!

More later. I hope. :)

1 comment:

Serafina said...

Yay for Home Improvement! Every little bit makes a difference!

My home was improved significantly by the addition of a lovely picture of Zoey!

I can't wait to see you guys!