Saturday, April 25, 2009

What a week!!

So here it is.... Saturday night. Obviously I haven't posted since Sunday. I'm upset at myself because it has been a week of all kinds of blog-able things!!! In my own defense, however, the sphincternet here has been offline most of the week. (It drives me batty!!) On and off and on and off and off and off and off.... ugh.

Oh well. Now it's back on! (Keep your fingers crossed that it stays on.)

So, I want to UPDATE everyone on the MILESTONES and happenings here at the Manor this week......

John was in New York City at the beginning of the week, then to a town near Philly, PA. Now he's home! We missed him soooo much! :) According to him, the trip went well enough. He liked NYC quite a bit. He kept thinking of all the things he wants to take me and Zoey to see. Someday... :)
Miss Zoey has learned to SIT UP on her own!!! Whoo-hoo! I'm not quite sure when she learned this little trick. On Thursday of last week, she was playing on the floor after breakfast. I looked away and looked back to find her like this:

I thought she must have pulled herself up on the coffee table... She even had a little cut above her eye (which could have even been a scratch from her nails?!). I never did see her get up. So I wasn't sure how she was doing it.

Then I went to put her down for a nap on Sunday. She never has been a good napper. This time she made a racket of noise... I went in to see what she was up to and found her like this:

Again, she had gotten up without me seeing. I thought that she must have pulled herself up with the crib bumper. But even now, I haven't ever seen her pull herself up.

Then all this week, I started really watching for her to get up. Reeeeally watching... and by golly, she just sits up! She kinda has her legs out in front and then just pushes up on her arms. Super CUTE!

In other Zoey news, her 10th Month BIRTHDAY was Wednesday. :) She shared her big day with Earth Day. We didn't have any big festive gathering. We just enjoyed the day (and had a nice lunch with some of my girl friends.)

Zoey on her 10th Month Birthday!

Also, Miss Z has begun to try to crawl... I guess. I'm not sure what you call it. She crawled backwards a wee bit on the same Thursday last week that I caught her sitting up. She's been getting up on her knees. She's getting soooo close!

In other family news: My cousin Amanda celebrated a birthday yesterday. We sent her a little something via the US Postal Service. Normally we ship FedEx or UPS... but I thought I'd give the government a shot. (Actually... I drove by the shipping place and saw that a certain annoying dude was the only one working... so I drove on! HA! I hope that she got the goodies...)

Amanda and I were like "peas and carrots" - if you will - back when we were young. We are only three months apart. I'm pretty sure she was my first best friend! (Other than my Grandma... Sorry, Amanda, but Grandma was really THE first, ya know.... but I guess in a different sort of way.) :)

She shared her birthday with my Grandpa Buss. I've been thinking about him alot lately....

....

We also made it to the farmer's market this morning. I bought some basil plants for our back porch. Hopefully I'll be able to keep them alive this summer and make PESTO!!! YUM! I also picked up an oregano plant. The farmer dude said it was a perennial and would cover ground like my mint. I figured I could handle that. And it smells good. I'll just have to figure out something to put it in - spaghetti sauce and hopefully something more exotic. :)

I'm sorry for the delay in posting. I hope to have better luck as the days go on. :)

4 comments:

A Chicken said...

The USPS did deliver your package in time! Sorry I haven't had a chance to call. Glad all is well at the Manor. :-)

Trisha said...

YAY!! I'm glad you got it! Call when you can.

Heidi Ho said...

Yay Zoey!! You rock sista girl!!!

My Bottle's Up! said...

miss zoey looks sooooooo proud of herself. :)

way to go sista-friend!