Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I took these photos today in our living room. Sweet Zoey was "wearin' o' the green" to celebrate St. Patty's Day. This afternoon we went for a little walk on the bike path. (It was 69 degrees!) Tomorrow is supposed to be another warm day (the forecast is 77 degrees). I'm planning on taking her on another walk. :) Yes, that is her Daddy's (clean) sock in her hand. She loves socks! Her socks and our socks... She'll try to take off your socks if you're close by... :)

...And then there's the wipes box... It makes the greatest sounds. After trying to get the one on the changing table time and time again, I gave up and gave her an empty one just for her. :) It really does make a fun sound.
I LOVE that my kid likes to play with household stuff. I know most kids do, but I think it encourages creative play and discovery. (Yes, I realize that may come back to bite me when she's "discovering" items in the kitchen... like how the cereal box has all this great stuff in it that is sooo pretty flowing out of the box and crunching on the floor...) We shall see.... :)






2 comments:

Serafina said...

It is so funny about the boxes! You know Delia was (and still is) that way, the boxes hold her attention way longer than whatever came inside them. You could make it into a children's story, Socks and A Box.

Ronin said...

Wow, banging on a wipes container? I haven't thought of that one! I usually like to play with remote controls, cell phones, flashlights... basically anything with buttons I can push. I'll have to try banging on the wipes box, though, since I like banging on my highchair tray and other stuff! Thanks for the idea! Talk to you later, Z!