Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Oh, those crazy Walls Girls.... and their cabbage.

This is my sister. And that is a cabbage leaf on her head. Don't let the look on her face fool you. SHE started the fun. It was all her idea. And it was FUN!

You see, this past Sunday we all gathered at my Grandma's house to visit. We had an impromptu St. Patty's Day party. Tracy cooked and the boys went out to find Guiness.
The meal included cabbage. It's green and Irish-y! My Seesta came running down the hallway trying to put a "cap-shaped" leaf on Delia's head. Delia, being 8 years old - a very teenage-like 8 years old, didn't think it was funny. I DID! So, we decided to wear them.
This is Tracy after realizing that a toothpick would NOT be a good way to "secure" her cap. That look on her face is now "Ouch. What the... Now my eyes are watering." And we hadn't even had any beer yet.


This is us with beer. Not Guiness, but still good. Really good for the cheap stuff it was. It was especially good since I haven't had beer in a LONG time. The last time I had a whole beer was the Fourth of July. And it gave Zoey such bad gas... ugh, it was BAD. So I've waited. But now that she's older and has a better handle on her... 'functions'... I gave it a shot. She's just fine.
And here are the reluctant family members... Their cabbage caps lasted about one mintue. But long enough for a photo. Z's my very own Cabbage Patch Kid!
**And yes, after seeing how much FUN we were having, Delia wore one too. Then she wore them all.... as hats and ears and fins.... :)














2 comments:

Heidi Ho said...

Can I be an honorary "Walls" girl? I will gladly wear cabbage on my head and drink beer!
Zoey is just breathtaking! She has such a joy for life already in her eyes!! Just beautiful!

Trisha said...

You betcha! You realize Tisha became a Walls girl some time ago. Now, it's YOUR turn!! :) We'll send you the handbook soon. ;)