Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Our day out with Katie

In celebration of John's birthday in January and Katie's birthday today (Happy Birthday!), Mizz Katie came to town to hang out over the weekend. We started our fun with a quest for pie in McConnellsville. The above picture was taken at the Blue Bell Diner. (Evidentally they have great pie. I, being a cake fan, will take their word for it.) It's a super cute shot of Papa John and Z looking at the cars out the window. Zoey loves to watch the cars.

Then on Monday we all went to the local bakery for some coffee and goodies. Here's Zoey with carrots on her face. YUM!


This picture (taken by Katie) shows me feeding Z. It also demonstrates what a wonderful Daddy she has.... that's his belt tied around her waist - holding her in the high chair. The bakery has beautiful high chairs (some handpainted, others antiquey wooden). But none of them have straps. I suppose when she's a bit older and more stable in her movements, straps won't matter. This time it did matter to Dad especially.

You should have seen the looks on the faces of the oldies sitting beside of us as he jumped up and flung his belt off in a truly "Super Dad" sort of way!!
HI-larious!

More Zoey cuteness (staring at the TV above the fireplace....
like she's getting away with something... because she IS.)

And since we went the whole visit without a picture of Katie (silly us), here's one from the 8th Street days. (Zoey is two months and one day old in this picture.)

Happy Birthday Katie!

4 comments:

DC Super Powers said...

YOU ROCK!!
I had a fantastic time.
I LOVE YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH!!

bnicholson said...

Your old Aunt Barbara is thrilled to see these photos! I miss you guys!
Waiting to see Zoey's new teeth, I hear there are two?

I swear I think they user our internet history to general the "word verification" stuff, sometimes hilarious.

Cinder Ella said...

I have no doubt Zoe was watching C-span or the book channel.
:)

Trisha said...

Ah, Cinder, a new reader... wonderful! Welcome. Here's hoping you enjoy the musings of Mama Miller.