Monday, February 9, 2009

Quaker Oats and my hair!

Just catching up on some Zoey photo love.....

Here she is playing with an empty Quaker Oats 'box.' I tried to get her to bang on it like a drum - always fun! - but she decided she prefered to chew on it or just toss it around.



** Oh, and by the way... On Thursday, I finally CUT OFF MY HAIR! :) I'm going to donate the nearly 12 inches to Locks of Love. I've done this once before. It's fun. Although I think this time I'll try to wear the style for a while before deciding to grow it out in order to donate it again.

This picture was taken the evening after my appointment. The gal who cuts my hair really likes her flatiron. (She's ironed me each time I've been there.) So, needless to say, I haven't looked like this since. But I still like it! (And I may invest in a flatiron myself - someday - you know, after my husband finds a job again and we pay down some bills.... ;) )

I'm going to have to get some simple products at least - hairspray, mousse, etc... I have never really used that stuff. Here and there, perhaps... but I think it's time I started to care a bit about my hair... maybe inbetween feeding and diapering... :)

I've heard many good comments about my hair (thank you!) The only *strange* comment came from my sister after seeing my hair after I hadn't done anything with it (besides comb it) - which is how it looks most days now. She said I had "Snape hair." ...the dude from Harry Potter... Professor Severus Snape...he teaches potions class... he's portrayed by Alan Rickman...

oh well... I think she meant it as a funny compliment. At least that's how I'm going with it... :)



And - for the record - it's actually more like the chick from Law & Order.

...That is the goal anyway.



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are much better looking than the chick from L and O.
I love you.
Mom

Trisha said...

Thanks Mama!

Anonymous? at 3:13 a.m.?! What are you doing up at that hour?! :) :)

Ronin said...

Wow, Ms. Trisha, your hair looks awesome! Mommy just cut hers off, too - I think there's something in the air! Tell Zoey that we should both work on learning to bang on things, and then we can start a band... once we get to hang out, of course :)

DC Super Powers said...

Your hair looks awesome!! And I can't wait to see it in person. woot!

bnicholson said...

Our Zoey is getting big!! I can't wait to see her again.
Your hair is always good thick lush hair, you lucky girl. I would not use the flatiron, I can remember actually ironing my hair in the 1060's and now it is flat as quiet lake. What I wouldn't give for just a bit of curve to it.

Serafina said...

In that pic of Zoey with the Oatmeal tub she looks so much like baby pictures of you!

And I hope you didn't take undue offense at the Snape comment, I really didn't mean it in a mean way! Alan Rickman is Dead Sexxy!

Love,
Yer Seester

Trisha said...

No offense taken. just funny.

seesta

A Chicken said...

Such a cute cut! I had an appointment a couple months ago for a cut & color (Platinum blond maybe?). After sitting in traffic for 35 minutes, I arrived 5 minutes late & she wouldn't to do. So, I need a haircut, too...

Trisha said...

Well, if you decide to chop it al off, I highly recommend donating it. (As long as it's not bleached). It's fun and you'll get to be one of the "cool kids" - like ME!! ;)

Petite Planet said...

I love your hair! And what a beautiful gesture to be donating it! Stylish and charitable!

Addie said...

wow! I've never see you w/ short hair girl! it's adorable on you. now I want to see how it looks un-ironed!! I'm sure it's adorable w/ your natural wave. Cute, cute.

xo