Ah a moment.
I have finally found a moment to catch up on this here bloggy thingie... ;)
It's Monday afternoon and what a day, what a week, what a transitional time in the Miller Manor! As most of you who read this know, John and I bought a house! If you don't know this, it's because I don't physically SEE you and that's been my only mode of comunication in the last few weeks. (You know, talking to one another... a novel approach!)
Anyhoo... we've been moving in carloads. That has been difficult. The joke is that we may live here now, but have so much more to do, as in I only have one pair of shoes here at the new house. (Well, technically I have my running shoes and a pair of flip flops, but they rarely see the light of day. So I stick to my one-pair idea. I keep forgetting to get the other sandals I usually wear... ) But I digress...
Moving has been bittersweet. To be truthful, I'm not in love with either the old house or the new house. Both have their own sets of issues. But once I get over myself, I realize what a wonderful opportunity this new house is for the Millers. (Insert a long list of wonderful things... let's chat about it sometime.)
Since it has been so long since I've updated (other than the poem. Which, in my opinion, was fandango!) I wrote it one night after nursing Zoey. She was simply sleeping on my shoulder. -I have to keep her upright for a bit so she won't spit everything up and we have to start over again!
It was Tuesday. We had had a very 'eventful' day. The day opened with a trip to yet another doctor's office. John and I have been trying to find a doctor with which we feel comfortable. This has been far from easy. I suppose we ask too many questions, have too many ideas, and are too stubborn for your average Doc. I like us and our ways. ;) This particular doctor made me cry. (Not too unheard of for me in general, but she gave me a general feeling of "this isn't right." Even my Mother-in-law didn't like her (she went with me and Z). And if Joyce doesn't find some redeeming quality in you.... whoa, watch out! We trust our gut.
The rest of that day was full of Cable installing, weirdo insurance lady coming to photograph our fuse box, and general getting settled in... so, we napped until Daddy came home. It was wonderful!
And back from THAT tangent... I was going to sum up the last few weeks: Ummm, I turned 30. We moved. Zoey is now 11 weeks old and HEY, she FOUND HER FEET!! (She's so smart and flexible!) John has traveled for work. We moved the kitties in to the new house - they freaked - they ate - they decided that the brand new couch was going to be their new hang-out and bed. Speaking of the new couch... we started setting up our living room... Boy howdy, I like having a room that looks like a set of adults live here (as opposed to the dorm room/hand-me downs of before). But not to fear, friends and relatives, it's still our house - still has cat hair and still has comfy places for you to place your beer and wine!
On THAT note, dear sweet Zoey has started to wake up from her all-too-short nap! I must run. I hope to find another 20 minutes soon!
Hearts,
Mama Miller
1 month ago
2 comments:
I can't wait to see your new house! Keep looking for a doctor, I'm sure you'll find one sooner or later.
Yes, I also have found doctors can be difficult. When you find a good one, keep her. Let's talk though, I want to know what she said that made you cry. Don't let them get to you. (Spoken as someone who has cried because of the way a doctor treated her. Why I gave that particular doctor the "importance" of being some I would actually give a dam* about, I'll never know.) ...older and wiser now, cries no more ;-)
Post a Comment