Saturday, September 6, 2008

And I napped with her today...

Boxes to move
Bills to pay

All can wait
We napped today.

A cool bedroom
A snuggly warm bed

The best place on Earth
my cheek to her head.

Her outstrecthed arm
the cutest sight

The afternoon sun
a perfect light.

Her sweet face changes
with every dream

Here, we are
a napping team.

I promise her moments
like this forever

No matter her age
No matter the weather.

Mama and Baby
turn sleep into play

Our love ever-growing
We napped today.

3 comments:

DC Super Powers said...

Oh Mama Meellar...
so sweet and precious.
I adore you!!

NatureMama said...

What a beautiful poem, Trisha! I love it. I'm so glad you napped. I remember napping with Bella. My favorite thing was to close my eyes and feel her weight on my chest, and breathe in her baby-ness...

Serafina said...

I remember napping with Delia. She always seemed to fit right against my tummy when we curled up together on the bed. Ah, those were the days!