Sunday, September 21, 2008

Apple Tree and Z update

Finally! A picture! (This fun photo is courtesy of our friend Shayla!) I still haven't set up the other computer with all of the image software yet... but soon...

This little pic was taken at an Apple Cider party last week. You can see the trees (and even John) in the background. The sun was bright and the heat was high, but we had a good time. Sweet Z is holding her head up very well. My hand is only there because of the massive winds that could have blown her out of my arms (let alone blown her head).

She is getting so strong! Today she lifted her self -from the waist- off of John's chest. She has also now gotten to the point where her feet reach her mouth. Yum! Little Zoey is still trying to roll over and crawl, but not quite yet. She manages to squirm across the bed if someone puts a hand or something by her feet. This gives her something off which to push.

We have also noticed her great gag reflex. We knew it was there... but now when she gets too into chewing on her hands, she sometimes makes herself throw up. (I'm sure this little trick will come in handy when she's a toddler and wanting her way... but I'm already on to her.) ;)

As for the rest of us... The Millers are still settling in to the new house. John is still bringing things over from 8th Street one carload at a time, but we are sorting and purging as we go! We picked out Eco-friendly paint colors from Home Depot last night. We hope to go buy the stuff this coming week. We'll start with the living room, then the kitchen, then on to the room currently seen as our dining room. (I say currently because we think it'll end up being Zoey's play room of sorts... it's next to the kitchen and has a nice window. Both pluses when thinking of our little one.) And besides that, it's small for our dining table.

On that note, Zoey has tried out that gagging and spitting up thing again.... I think she knows I'm not playing with her every second. ("Get off that darn blog, MAMA!") So, I'm off to change her clothes again!

Enjoy the picture. If you have any pictures of Zoey on your own camera (Katie....), please send them my way!! I need posting material! :)

Love,
Mama Miller

4 comments:

bnicholson said...

I am so glad you posted the photo! Great picture, all three of you are having a good time! I love this.
-Aunt Barbara

Serafina said...

I thought Delia inherited her incredible gag reflex from her Dad, but maybe it was packaged on our family's DNA since Zoey exhibits it too. I love the picture! And I love you!
Love,
Seester

Joey said...

Such a cute picture! I love it!

Prisoner of the Universe #2-16 said...

Great Grandma Snodgrass and I enjoy watching Zoey grow. I'm sitting in the livingroom at the valley sharing BLOGS with her. It's almost 10 pm - a little late for me on a school night - but worth it. Tomorrow is Friday and Dad - GrandadStan will get to see these tomorrow night as he is exercising with the exercises his personal PT has told us to do. That's a long story - if I get to the blog I'll tell you all about it.
We love you all.
Write more so we can kkep up.
Love,
Mom - a.k.a. GrandmaPat