This cute photo was taken while visiting DC this past spring. I found it on my "new" cell phone (aka John's old one). It is amazing how time flies and things change!! I'm only slightly ticked that this is the only photo from our trip. We had such a good time. oh well......I had a moment last night -while in bed, not sleeping... I remembered being pregnant. More pointedly, I remembered my belly. How odd it was in that moment to not have my big belly! And how I missed it. Yes, it became difficult to move in the end... But for the most part, I had a beautiful pregnancy. I upset myself a bit last night thinking about the wonders of that big ol' belly.... Wondering if I had really lived in the moment of each day. If I had enjoyed it enough... I never really journaled much. Some, but in various notebooks spread out over my "system" of bedroom filings (that means differing piles by my then night-stand...)
I know that the most important part of that pregnancy is here with me now. (Currently sleeping soundly on my chest in her sling.) I guess that "missing belly feeling" is why there are so many babies born close together... NOT ME, however!! :)
I'm super happy just as things are now. :)
2 comments:
Happy autumn Saturday, daughter.
Your remeniscense [however it is spelt] is expressed perfectly and I can relate. Healthy, and happy - what more can we desire... to love and to be loved.
Later,
Mom
Oh I can SOO understand your sentiment. What a beautiful thought. I have those moments too. XOXO, Christine
Post a Comment