Today I am in the midst of my 39th week of pregnancy. My doctor is on vacation. One of my doulas is out of town (hopefully to return tomorrow). My husband is at work. And I experienced one of the "possible signs of labor" this morning. Hmmm...
I called Amy. She's my doula that is in town and my Hypnobabies instructor and my friend. She calmed me down. It's not that I'm really scared of labor (my "birthing time"), at least I thought I wasn't. But I got a bit freaked... anxious. I've had this "plan" for birth... and these few bumps in the road aren't in it. HA!
I took a shower and listened to my "Fear Release" CD. Then I put the baby clothes away in her little dresser. I also picked out a selection of clothes for our girl to have at the hospital. (What does a one-day old wear in her first photos?!)
I'm better now. Calm, yet still with a bit of apprehension. I need to go run some errands: the grocery store, the print shop, etc.. etc... What happens if my water breaks? I know it happens all of the time, but I'd just rather be here - or at least out with John.
So, here I sit... sorting through thoughts, ideas, photos on the computer... talking to my sweet baby girl (Amy suggested that I talk to her and let her know that Sunday or Monday would be a much better birth day! I think she listened.) I'm not even so much worried about missing my doctor. (The Doc on call this weekend would be fine. He's open to natural childbirth and is good friends with Amy.)
My blessingway is tomorrow night. I told Baby Bean that if she hung in there for the weekend, she'd really enjoy the S'mores that are planned by the fire tomorrow. If no party, then she'll have to wait a good while until I'll give her any chocolate! I think that's a pretty good reason to stick around! ;)
--John just called.... He's in Spencer, WV. (oh, about two hours away...) I told him what's going on. I think he's OK. I tried to sound calm. I am, really. He's on his way home.
I guess that means that we'll put the car seat in the car tonight. :)
1 month ago
No comments:
Post a Comment