Monday, May 12, 2008

Pregnancy update

So, hey, it's only been about a month since I updated... oops. I've fallen a bit behind simply because I... haven't done it. HA! Anyhoo...

My last post was a bit unhappy (with all that pain crap). I've since found some wonderful things like my Chiropracter, Dr. Letty. She's awesome and makes me feel better. :) It was a bit unnerving at first - having someone push and mold my body while having this little human growing inside. It's especially weird when she manipulates my belly area. She's super good and I do trust her, so I guess I should be thankful I can walk again! :)

On a side note, she's been telling me that 'the little basketball bellies' aren't so good for the pregnancy. The baby needs room to grow and I wasn't getting big enough. So, my whole thought process about this belly/weight thing was a little whacked. Everything is fine and I'm ok with it. I'm still proud that I have managed to 'manage' my weight without depriving myself of anything and I know I'm feeding my girl good things that she needs! It is, however, quite evident now how she has been working with me. My belly has expanded by leaps and bounds! All the better. Now these maternity clothes fit better. I can wear the cutesie dress I bought at Old Navy without the hemline dangling like a dress made by Bella in Lost and Yonkers! ha!

I've also started my childbirth education classes. Hypnobabies! John and I have just done the third of six classes and I'm feeling really good about it. It seems odd to some... to envision a natural birth with no pain!! But I'm planning on it! My body ROCKS!

Wee baby girl Miller is flourishing! She dancing and kicking - just like her mama! It's amazing to see my entire belly ripple and roll like the tides of the ocean at times. Talk about starting a conversation! John has seen it happen and he is in awe. Me too.

As of today, I'm 34 weeks. Yeppers, just 6 weeks until my "guess date." I've been hoping she'll hold out for that date or longer. I found out Crysta's girl, Kensley, was born on June 24th... That'd be cool to share a birthday with her. A friend a whole decade older than her! :)

I've been thinking June 28 for a while too. I just think that'd be fun (6/28/08)... or there's always the joke we started with... July 4th: Celebrate with a bang! I'm not too worried about any particular date.

However... the following has been on my mind... as silly as it is to some...
I'm interested in raising a Cancer baby. You know, astrology - born under a certain sign. I know people roll their eyes when I even mention it. And, yes, I'll be more than happy and blessed to raise any "sign" child. I am a Cancer girl too. I know how to deal with my own sort of crazy - moody, emotional, creative types - with a heart for family. I'm not so sure about Gemini (twins).... I've heard stories about dual personality types, manic ups and downs, and the like... but I did see cute baby onesies on the sale rack at Gap listing positve traits for both Gemnis and Cancerians. Perhaps I need to do more research... At this point, I'll not. Because chances are she will be a Cancer Crab! :)

Most first babies come after the "due date" so I'm set. We've even got a cushion. She could come as early as June 21, the Solstice, and still be a proud crab! In any case, I'm just like everyone else when I wish, hope, and pray for a healthy little baby. No matter what date she chooses to join us.

No comments: