Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Back pain.

Hello fair reader! Pregnancy woes have hit home the past week and a half... Back pain. Can you believe it?! I've been doing so well this whole time. And now, when I have more of an urge than ever to CLEAN, it's nearly impossible.

Case in point, my lovely husband ripped up the old nasty green-shag carpet up in our dining room. This was what I've wanted for a while. YAY! Until I realized we don't have the funding (yet) to either a) sand and varnish the floor b) cover it with some other carpet or c) cover it with Pergo. This leaves this OCD mother-to-be with the main room in the middle of her home exposed. Exposed to tumble-weed sized cat hair balls, splintery wood, and a general lack of finished-ness. Which, since I've been living like that last one for nearly three years, you'd think I'd be used to it. But I'm not.

Back to the "back" issue, I have a friend stopping by this afternoon - not for a long visit - simply to drop some things off. But STILL! It's crap-tastic that I have spent an hour slowly, very "pain-stakingly" (HA!) trying to simply vacuum/sweep up the cat hair off the floor.
My dear husband has been helping out with this ordeal as best he can. He tries to do the laundry - which is nastily in the basement (and steps for me are THE DEVIL'S WORK!!). He has really stepped up to cooking dinner. And even keeps comments positive about my frequent overnight trips to the bathroom.

This pregnancy issue of frequent bathroom visits was annoying, but do-able two weeks ago... Now, well, let's see... I wake up having to pee, right. Then it takes me (no joke) about 2-5 minutes to SIT UP onto the edge of the bed and another 5 minutes or so hobble down to the bathroom. I usually sit on the damn toilet for a bit - just becuase it's nice to NOT HAVE TO MOVE! Then however long it takes to get back.

All of this pleasantness is topped off by the fact our bedroom door makes so much noise that when we first moved in, we thought for sure it was installed as a torture device. (WD-40 anyone??! Sure, we have literally 4 bottles of it in the basement, but it's IN THE BASEMENT and John doesn't want the fumes in our sleeping area. Here's to hoping when we set out for Frederick this weekend, he decides it's worth the risk to spray while we are gone...)

On the bright side, I have an appointment with a chiropractor that specializes in pregnancy and kids. The earliest appointment I could get is tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed for me! Or pray or whatever you wish.. I need it all! :)

3 comments:

DC Super Powers said...

Looks like I'll be making my super week long visit about the 26 o' April.
And you can use me, abuse me and put me to task!! I willingly offer myself to come in and help you with any tasks/activities/chores you may need help doing.
love love!!

Trisha said...

I may very well take you up on it!! Be sure to bring cat allergy pills!! hehehe... Or maybe I'll just use you and your wheels to get me out of this damn house once and awhile.
See you Saturday!

Serafina said...

I like your floor. It isn't nearly as disgusting as my new upstairs floor. There isn't a speck of dry rot in your dining room. Don't worry, be Happy!
I love you!