
Heeeeellloooooo! Well Sunday afternoon was a great day for me and wee baby girl Miller! This picture shows a bit of the mayhem that ensued. :) I will post more photos as they come to me... you see, I didn't take very many at all with my camera (as I was enjoying party-going), so I will be posting others captured memories.
Amy (and all the other girls that helped out) did a FANTASTIC job! I knew she would - she IS the party QUEEN! Everything was beautiful from the invitation on to the matching table decorations to the favors and more! Most everything was orange and gerber daisy inspired... pretty cool. Orange is such an appropriate color to usher in this summer child!
The weather was rainy in the morning, but by the time I was "primping" to attend such a shin-digg, the sky cleared and it was BEAUTIFUL!!
I partied with my great friends and family all afternoon long (and yes, I missed those of you who couldn't make it...). Even my mom and sister and niece drove in from WV!! I was super happy to see them! Tracy made the best bread rolls... everyone was swooning over them and her!
Amy even made sure to honor the Grandmothers... I was particularly interested in showing them love. She gave them special "reserved" seating and gave them flower baskets and a note from the wee Granddaughter to be. It was very special and made them cry!! Me too!
Many things made my eyes well up that afternoon - personalized notes, beautiful gifts, sharing smiles with friends... ah, it might have been the hormones... or just that I tend to cry. (Most of you know that by now!) :)
I have been writing Thank You cards these last two days... I think I wrote "I am blessed" about 100 times. And I'm not saying that to downplay the meaning at all. I truly believe it. I think those three little words really capture my feelings about this whole pregnancy and journey into motherhood. Blessed by having THE most WONDERFUL husband and life partner/soul mate... Blessed by a family (and extended family) that cares so deeply for me and never fails to show it. Blessed by a support system of friends greater than I have ever imagined! (And yes, some of those friends are more like FAMILY than anyone could realize!)
I'm grateful for all of it. I hope they all know how much they mean to me! I hope I have been capable of showing my gratitude in a meaningful way to each and every one of them. I love them. And this wee baby girl is such a lucky little girl. She has friends and family across the country who are so supportive and encouraging - she'll be able to change the world! (If that's what she feels like doing....) :)
No comments:
Post a Comment