Friday, February 1, 2008

Think PINK!

Yesterday was a day full of women "bonding" - if you will. I attended a Blessingway in celebration of my new friend Emily and her upcoming adoption of baby Abel from Ethiopia. The potluck lunch was yummy! The ceremony was beautiful - very pagan and influenced by Native American tradition. It was beautifully done and well received.

After that, Amy and I decided to have an egg-centric "Think Pink" party... I suppose I hadn't planned this very well. Okay, I planned pretty much nothing - except I really wanted to spend time with Amy and give her a little something for letting me stay with her while the bathroom was being worked on.

We had bags of ingredients... flour, sugar, eggs, more eggs... cookie cutters, sprinkles, etc. etc.. But we were both concerned with having natural items. (Should we avoid red dyes?!) and so on... So instead of buying bagged sugar cookie mix... I thought we could wing it! HA! We forgot BUTTER!!!

So, we improvised... Amy said, "This is so not like me. I usually have everything planned out and organized."

I said, "Hey, you're hanging with me today - It's a fly-by-the-seat-of your-pants kinda day!"

We food procceced strawberries... said Huh, What can we make from this? We wanted to make cookies... um, with no butter.... not happening.

We ended up making a sort-of strawberry muffin. And then topped it with raspberry frosting. (or raspberry and powdered sugar goo!) Very Yummy!! And damn healthy too!! (minus that whole powered sugar thing....)

Last night John helped me prepare the Amish Friendship bread that needed to be made. We had fun! and realized I need to get a BIGGER mixing bowl!!! (shopping anyone....hehehe) It turned out very well and I have four starters to hand out to friends so they can share the love! (Okay, three starters, If I decide to make this again.... hmmmm, I just might!)

***So, after the choco and coffee cake John has left from his birthday, the take-home Think Pink goodies, and the amish bread... We've got plenty of left-overs... Let's Party!!

No comments: