Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Prenatal yoga

Today was an UP and down day.... UP came this evening: I went to my first prenatal yoga class. I left there and told JOhn "it kicked my ass" - It wasn't that bad; it was actually good. I liked it - I just need to get used to working my body. (Ok, I need to get used to moving my body at all!) HA! I think it will be a great thing for me. I met some other pregnant ladies who were positive in their pregnant-ness. Which is always nice because before I met my mama ladies the only pregnant stories I got were "Just you wait..." blah-negative-blah... And that's not counting Tracy, becuase when she was pregnant, I wasn't even thinking about the topic... or sex at that point.

(As a side, I also got to plug mamaology during class! Most of the girls already new about us through Holly and her doula work. But one girl took a card from the counter and one told me a lady at her gym had previously given her one. - We are spreading the word!!)

The down of the day need not be repeated here. I'm practicing positive thinking - yeah Secret!! I'm in such a better mood now - why bring up the blechy?! LEt me just say, my mama girls stepped up to the plate with offers of help (although I have no idea how to take them up on it at this current stage). I appreciate it!

By the way, I'd like to take this moment of happy-love-fest to acknowledge my WONDERFUL husband! He's been the best through all of this whole pregnancy thing. I am the luckiest woman in the world!

:)

No comments: