I have started to notice that I think of things based on blogging potential. It's completely irrational and weird, but hey, I admit it! For example, during the Christmas holiday I specifically took pictures of my new Fiesta mixing bowl's first use (and subsequent use making holiday cookies because that looked more artsy and photo-y). SEE what I mean!?! I actually thought about what it would look like on my blob... HA.. "blog" that was Freudian!!
This one, still not ultra artsy, does showcase more work and more Fiesta!!(and the hip mixer that is older than ME! Yay 1970s avocado green!!!)
Another instance was the first big snow after Christmas.... I remember thinking how ironic it was that I was taking down the holiday decorations while looking outside at the beautiful falling snow. The beauty of it all made me slow down the removal process (just a bit). This allowed me to enjoy my tree with the snow pleasantly out the window. Ahh.... And yes, I took pictures.... thinking how great a blog THAT irony would be!
Alas... neither of those moments made it to cyber-world. (Until now!!!) So here I sit... a middle of the week Wednesday already. John has been gone since Saturday and I have been busying myself with the League newsletter. I suppose I knew it would take time. I just never thought about it during my week home - alone. This week was supposed to be me getting a bunch of house-type things done. Not like laundry or that other stuff I normally do... Nope, this week I planned to add a little heart and soul back into this house. Perhaps hang a few pictures... get to know my new food processor with some hummus love!... Ok, So that's all I really thought about.
I'm realizing why we haven't hung any pictures. Old plaster walls = more work than a damn nail! And I'm no Sandy Villa! (I'm not even sure there IS a Sandy, but it sounded much cooler than "Bobette.")
I just painted our living room a while back (pre-pregnancy)... and I am SO proud of it!! It's charming beauty bathed in a warm yellow. Ahh... I'm afraid to mare it with any nails/screws/potential chunks of falling plaster. That, and, what about the studs? Do I need one for small pictures? I bought my loving husband a stud finder one year... and it is a good one too. But evidently it's all wonky on plaster... that or we are simply too "magnetic" of individuals to get it to work right! :)
In any case, I've been working on the computer all day and night this week. Good news is that we are getting our bathroom painted!!! YAY!! (To catch ya'll up... I had a freak-out about lead paint and pregnancy a while back... it's fine now. John stepped up to the plate. I calmed down. And we didn't really have anything to worry about in the first place. The super good news is by the time he gets back, our bathroom will no longer look like an abandoned shelter after an attack in Beirut!) Ole John's friend (a pro painter) is helping us out and fixing the plaster and painting. I had hoped to hire my other friend's husband to re-do the entire bath, but I don't think Kevin would have swapped work for some kind of machine out of Ole John's stash! :) We'll take everything one step at a time!
The painter guy is super good. He also likes cats (a BIG plus!). He's been very conscious of the cats and the plaster dust and everything else. Not only is he a super nice guy, John must have briefed him about nearly everything! :)
Ok, ok... I'll stop this for now. I think I'll go fishing through my photos and post something just because I can!!! :)
1 comment:
That Mixer! Does it still smell like something burning when you run it for too long? I am so proud to see you cooking from scratch!
Post a Comment