Hap, hap, HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Another year has come and gone and I am SO looking forward to 2008! Now, don't get me wrong, 2007 was wonderful too. Many positive things happened: (in no particular order) I became pregnant! John landed a really good job. Susan moved back home. Mamaology.com was launched. I met some of the most incredible women ever in this area! My sister and I discovered (or re-discovered) Phillip's Pasta Cucina's lunch buffet!
Even some not-so-good things turned out to be a blessing... as in Our little Annie's health scare. She's fine now, but man, a scare like that makes you realize what's really important. :)
Last night we ushered in 2008 with minimal fan-fare. John and I did start the evening spending some time at a local business person's house. We kinda/sorta invited ourselves (crashed)... we found out that some good friends of ours were going to this fantabulous party and John simply asked if we could go along. They were happy to allow us to accompany them. I was freaked that we were being rude. We were assured it was fine. And it was. We know the couple hosting. Okay, John knows the guy and I've ended up talking with his wife a few times... But we were still polite and didn't even drink any of their booze (me, of course, and John because it was HOT! in the house).
The best part of that particular party was the kids. Yep, the place was full of families and kids. But not in an annoying way. I told the hostess that it was the "best big person/little person mixing event I'd ever been to." And that was important. She concurred.
Then we headed home to spend the evening with loved ones. We ate snacks and watched the ball drop. (We all commented how weird it is that on the major TV channels, the men that host the NYE shows all very much resemble Dick Clark... for real! Carson Daily even sported a bow tie - just like Dick. He and that American Idol guy even have the hollowed out cheeky look like Dick Clark.... odd.)
I then proceeded to loose my mind (a la toddler-style) - not wanting to go to bed, but in fact being so extremely tired I couldn't hold open my eyes. I think I ended up talking in my half-sleep...rudely, I'm sure. So, sorry guys, I hope you had fun anyway! I did.
I'm excited for the new year. I hope you are too. Many changes will occur. I embrace the positive - 2008 IS great. It already is great and getting better.
1 month ago
No comments:
Post a Comment