Sunday, December 30, 2007

Up late and feelin' great!


I'm up much later than I had ever anticipated this evening. In fact, I told John that his/our friends could come over this evening to hang out if they left by midnight. I only said this because neither of us slept much last night, we had a family-intense day, and another bright and early morning with the fam tomorrow. Yadda-yadda... He understood.

Our friends came over - we chatted and I apologized for being so rude as to have my eyes (and ears) glued to the computer. I hadn't been able to check my email and I had "important" things to address. Really. - They didn't mind. There was much to discuss without need for my two-cents. :)

They even helped me craft a few "business" emails. (They are all very good at adding color and flair!)

But I digress... As you can see in the updates from my last post, Josh was very instrumental in my reasons for being up late and (now) delightfully tired. He helped me learn a few more tricks to this blogger world. And I am grateful. I have added pictures and read enough search results to irritate that pesky computer/mouse to wrist pain (I dare not utter Carpel Tunnel! NO!)

John is a bit worried that now I will become addicted to the computer even more... turning into a glassy-eyed hunchback woman who can't speak without her fingers moving... that and I might get behind on the laundry! (HA! He never said that.... but it could very well be my own fear!)

My goal is many layered: Keep my loving family and sweet friends updated on my life (like anyone cares, I know. But when this sweet baby comes out, I will have had some time to learn how to update photos and I'm sure those photos will be welcomed! )
Secondly, Have a checks and balances system (of sorts) for myself. I hope I can get into the habit of writing and perhaps spark a bit of creativity to return to my life - I used to DO things. I want that back!
And finally, I've got to keep up with my perpetual "behind-the-times" (shall I say "vintage") take on new media! Blogger has been around for...ever, right?! It's time I tap into this thing, so in 50 years I can tell my grandkids that I did indeed blog. Just like I wore two pairs of brightly colored socks at the same time, reversing the colors per foot, in the 1980s!

*I haven't figured out how to get the photos anywhere but at the top... But, hey, we take small steps!

No comments: