Thursday, August 8, 2013

Morning Sweetie!

Breakfast time.  We all have colds.  I was assured we merely had "allergies"...  I knew better.  These colds, however, aren't slowing us down (much).

I ripped some trim off of a wall in the kitchen last night.  John helped me with the stubborn base board... as it looks like the previous owners of this house laid the laminate flooring around the trim?!?  What the what?!  It should be fine.  I'll have to get creative later once I get my geekdom up on the wall.  More on that when it's done.  "Spoilers..."

We have two and a half weeks until Zoey enters Kindergarten.  On one hand I want to cram in as much "fun" as possible.  On the other I can't help but dream a little about the things I'll be able to do with my time.  my time. 

...

So, I started this post a day or so ago...  what, what!  I got side-tracked.  That happens here.  I thought about just posting it (backdated)...  but why not keep it "real" here, folks?!?

The colds have EXPLODED!  ugh.  At least mine has...  Zoey is doing well.  Not even much of a sniffle or cough.  That gives me hope.  John's symptoms are harder to read...  he hides his colds behind a stoic face and booze.  (Which, quite frankly, is why I think he usually gets bronchitis that lasts for weeks-even months.) 

I tend to moan and sit mouth gaping open (because I can't breath through my stuffed large proboscis).  Yesterday, however, I ran the gamut of sick parent emotions... Guilt was the major offender in my brain.  Guilt that I wasn't playing. Guilt that I was sick and wasn't playing but my mind was overwhelmed by the thoughts of CLEANING or sorting or "getting something done."  Ironically, Crinklehead is starting her annual weird old cat sickness phase and Zoey and I both stepped over cat puke for a majority of the day.  I finally broke down and cleaned it up after spotting a second pile.  blech. 

We did play some, too, so I can still fly my MOM flag high...  ;)  Zoey drove her Barbie car all over the yard (then driveway after the rain).  We watched the rain.  We even stood out in it - until the lightning got a bit too close.  I did clean some too.   Top of the refrigerator, anyone?!  I thought all those booze bottles were annoyingly clanging together via the vibrating a/c.  Turns out, the annoying clanging sounds are simply the a/c vibrating...  the WHOLE HOUSE.  oh boy. 

I refuse to let this strange summer sickness steal my weekend.  Mom is coming to town today to see us and the American Queen.  John has confirmed that it is indeed in town.  I have downed handfuls of vitamins, immune "fizzy drinks" (Yes, that's what the box says.)  and have even considered real cold medicine.  Right now, I see a light on the horizon...

T-minus 15 days until Kindergarten.  . . .  

Time to shower.  Let's rock this day.

No comments: