Over the weekend we visited some very good friends of ours... they live on a beautiful farm. Singing Frog Farm. They do actually farm the land. In a big way... organic and non-GMO veggies and herbs and corn galore! and FLOWERS... oh, the flowers. You could say Caroline is a florist, but that would be like calling Julia Child a cook or VanGogh a painter... all true, but not give you the feeling or style.
Dinner was fantastic! We ate and talked and laughed as family. Seating arraignments around the table changed over and over again at the whims of children. I ate my body weight in tomatoes. (As any good WV girl would!)
We were having such a good time, I didn't even think to pull out my phone/camera to document the gorgeous scene. That is until after dinner... as Caroline and I were cleaning up, (as best I could with a bum back - on the road to fast recovery now, thanks to more friends... chiropractic friends!), the husbands and kids had retreated to the beauty of the pond. Joe came running inside... in all of his first grade grown-upness... "Zoey caught a FISH!"
Holy Cow! WHAT?!?
Sure enough, my little wonder had caught her first fish! A blue gill, I think they called it. It was pretty cool to say the least.
I don't think I've ever been fishing. I remember casting at Maple Lake. No hooks. No bait. No idea what I was doing.
So I began to take camera pictures. As I have said many times before - I'm not a photographer nor do I claim to be one... But I am happy to catch life's little moments.
As we stood there and talked and took pictures, Zoey caught ANOTHER fish! Two fish in less than 10 minutes. Aaaaand, Caroline brought out fresh peaches and cream to enjoy by the lake!
![]() |
| Brian with Zoey's second fish. |
Heaven...
I have been blessed to have great friends in my life. As I grow up, I am ever more grateful. Truly grateful.
![]() |
| Evan is full of spunk! |
![]() |
| Joe is a pro fisherman. He gave his life vest to Zoey for the night. |
![]() |
| What a HAM! :) |
![]() |
| Swinging under the giant tree. |
![]() |
| The blondies after dessert! |









1 comment:
I remember catching fish in Lake Austin - just out a ways from Willow Island Lock and Dam on the Ohio River back in the 50's ;-) We caught bluegill and took them to the creek beside our cabin (we lived there in the summertime for weeks at a time) the creek was dammed up to make a shallow pool and the fish stayed there until the racoons saw them... and whamo! fish were dinner for the raccoons. Good times!
Post a Comment